Swmo's sketchbook

Finally getting round to starting a sketchbook thread. Starting with a recent quick sculpting practice. The reference is artwork by Franz Xaver Messerschmidt.

And some fun with textures:

One of my first renders (I still like it :))

This was my first bigger project - still unfinished (I have a lot of unfinished projects!):

The trainset was modelled by my friend who introduced me to blender.

Some Octonauts I modelled for my son:

The son in question:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]250057[/ATTACH]

Last one for now - current work in progress:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]250059[/ATTACH]

Glad you finally got around to making a sketchbook, really cool stuff! :smiley: That vase is brilliant!

Thanks @VickyM72 - I’ve long been an admirer of your unique stuff, I even had a go trying some math-modelled meshes inspired by your posts but nothing interesting to post on that yet!

Another (stalled) work in progress:

One of my first finished renders (although I never posted it):

Current sculpt in progress - retopo’ed and now sculpting detail to multi-res level 3…

Final image from the punk girl sculpt.

Attachments

Next project, can you tell what it is yet?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]253168[/ATTACH]

Edit: Anyone know why sometimes images show as inline images, and sometimes only as attachments?

Quite happy with the texture paint, but wasted the whole evening doing the eyebrows and eyelashes as it kept crashing my whole computer and in the end had to revert to a previous save file :frowning: Doesn’t seem to be playing nicely with the multires - I might try some dummy meshes to emit them.

I love the paper cut stuff. Very nice… And everything else of course, especially the fun with textures stuff.

Started a new sculpt with kaya Scodelario as the reference. This is the re-topod mesh without any detail yet. This one is my 6th or 7th sculpt and favourite so far - not sure what the final scene will be yet:

Think this one is pretty much finished - for the BG competition:

what method(s) did you use to create the piercings on the punk girl? I’ve a WIP that I’ve tried a couple of times to create piercings for and they looked awful and I bit bucketed them.

Brilliant!:yes:
The palette is wonderful, very XIXth century historical paintings!

that is a good one for the competition! wish you great luck!!