vray blender 2.68 problem

hi guys, i was searching the forum for any similar case and i couldn’t find any thing, so…

i downloaded the latest custom build version (vrayblender-2.68-58371-windows-x86) from here and also vray from Maya demo. i installed vray and blender without any errors.

now when i open vrayblender i can see a few differences from 2.65 version. there’s no vray 2.0 in render engines list, instead there’s a vray which when i select it i can’t find the “export meshes” button next to “Render” button. and when i hit render it opens the regular render window of blender (not vray).

i unchecked the “Detect V-ray” option and manually selected the vray.exe file in exporter section but when i hit “update exporter” it gives me an error “Error retrieving the files, check your connection.”

so what’s the problem?

Thanks,

actually “export meshes” button wasn’t visible because the “Auto export meshes” was enabled, sorry about that. but still when i hit “Image” to render, it’ll open the Blender Render window, not the vray.

excuse my English and probably my basic question.
any help would be appreciated.

anyone ?

i also tested another version of vrayblender (vrayblender-2.67-58123-windows-x86), still nothing, my vray version is 2.0.1 i guess (var for maya 2009).

so i got another version of vray (vray for Maya 2011) and still nothing.
but i saw that when i hit render, blender console writes “error : could not obtain a license”. does exporter need a full version of vray stand alone? cause i kept seeing that it works with demo version.

and when i messed up with vray license manager, blender console gave me this message : “unhandled exception c0000095”.

seriously any help would be appreciated, I’m talking to myself here :smiley:

Inside render tab, there is a dropdown menu called Display. Probably in your case is set to “Image Editor”, change it to Keep UI and should open vray frame buffer when you press render.

No, it works fine with demo. (See demo limitations here)

Sometimes after install vray, a system reboot is needed to solve license issue.

thank you cyberlecs for your answer.
the “keep UI” thingy doesn’t work, as i mentioned there’s this error “error : could not obtain a license (10061)” and it’s from vray. as i’m looking into blender console the exporter does it’s job and passes the vrscene to vray. and after vray returns “Prepering renderer…” the error happens.

the attachment shows the log.

anyone?

i Googled about it a bit and some people said it’s a system date issue. i changed my system date but still nothing :frowning:

I believe Andrei uploaded new demo builds to the Chaos site a month ago which should have fixed the date error thing.
I see that the latest builds on Chaos site is from Jul 08, 2013 is that the ones you’ve tried?
You could also ask in the Vray/Blender forum.

I bought full stand alone version with dongle which i’m now trying to learn, and i must admit that the speed and quality is amazing.

Cheers

That is a problem with V-Ray, not Blender. You should contact Chaos Group and ask them how the demo version confirms the license.

http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/rt100/troubleshooting.htm#lic_10061