Blackcubes - Sketchbook 2013

My first post here. Wip alien soldier. Part of a personal illustration that im doing. Taken from a screenshot in rendered mode then I just did some adjustmesnts in Photoshop. Materials(mixed shaders) are all temporary. Head is Dynamic Topology while the rest are polygonal modeling + multiresolution sculpting.

very nice,looking forward to updates

That’s incredibly cool! :smiley:

Very well done.
Impressive.
Is this a dyntopo?

Thank you guys:). Michalis - Only the head is dyntopo. Just testing the limit of my computer.

damn, thats really good work!

Just testing the limit of my computer.

In dyntopo?
You only tested the limits of dyntopo. Not much to do with your hardware.
But, you possibly checked the limits of your patience.

Wow, I love this! Awesome sculpt :slight_smile:

This is looking good already :slight_smile:

Hey that is fantastic!.. but I’m not putting up a 5 stars rating until you post at least a second pic … I might even settle for a wire frame of this one…

Here is a little update of this guy and this one is still wip. I added normals and bump maps on his head then add some details on the body.

Thank you (dolemite,michalis,F i L,oOErikOo,norvman) :slight_smile:

Michalis- Yup i also tested my own patience.

norvman- Thanks. No problem, i will post some wires after i finished the details.

Rough sculpt of Mr. Groody (Personal Character). Dyntopo. I will finish him some other time. :slight_smile:

Wow! Cool soldier. I like the update with a little more roughness on the skin.

man that horned buy needs to stay away from the laser beams…

I love the character in your Mr Groody sculpt. Looking forward to seeing that one finished :slight_smile:

Second pass of the head. :slight_smile:

how did you make them holes? in edit mode?

great work man! :), may i ask what’s your dyntopo resolution threshold before everything starts to lag a bit? (starts with the infamous dyntopo undo lol)

The head is around 600k triangles but i can still sculpt in detail size setting 3. It only slows down if i apply masks but what i do to make it fast again is enter render mode then go back to solid mode or reload the scene.

3?, damn, i only use 30. lol. sculpting really doesn’t slow down, its the saving, undoing, going out of dyntopo, shading in dyntopo that gets retarded, tried 500k vert once full model, its a freaking suicide.

teka, ano pala fb mo? para ma add kita hehe