Basic Wiimote to Blender connection tools

As an experiment I tried to connect my wiimote with Blender but was unable to use the typical methods such as ppjoy and found glovepie to be sloppy in more ways than one.

I instead hacked together a simple C# application as a proof of concept which transmits the wiimote data in a very crude format over sockets which I then received via a blender game engine module.

I am unlikely to continue developing this program so I am instead putting it here for anyone else to use. It should be sufficient for a quick and dirty blender wiimote integration.

The application sends the following messages:
x:#
y:#
z:#
for axis orientation # = the angle
a:#
b:#
h:#
p:#
m:#
o:#
t:#
for a,b,home,plus,minus, one and two buttons (# = 0 for released and 1 for pressed)
u:#
d:#
l:#
r:#
for up, down, left and right (# = 0 for released and 1 for pressed)

The application expects a confirmation message after transmitting (doesn’t matter what value).

I have also bundled a basic .blend scene demonstrating how I use it and the visual studio project file.

Please ignore the GUI buttons referring to the Kinect, these are for features I never added. Enjoy and use at your own risk.

Attachments

NuiBroadcaster.zip (290 KB)

This is superb application, it deserves more attention because a crucial part of interoperation with sockets is covered as well.