Halo: Void

I am making an fps, but i don’t know a whole lot about how to do some of the fps functionallity, one feature being the mouse streering. please post here if you can help me do some of this fps stuff. note: if you want’t to know more about this project, look under the topic “works in progress”.

here is the latest version:

to install version 1.2 (current) click here:
temp master chief.blend (4.88 MB)

Hello! Here are my thoughts.

1. If you want people to join your effort, I would recommend that you post as much information in one place - having people jump around between this thread and the other one in the WIP section is a bit unnecessary.
  1. You mentioned in the other thread that you don’t have to worry about copyright issues as long as you don’t sell it. While this is a fairly common thought, I don’t think it’s true at all. Copyright infringement can be pursued at any point in time that the copyright holder deems fine (i.e. Microsoft can ask you to cease and desist now, or years from now right before you release it, or not at all). Just because some people seem to make fan games doesn’t mean that there’s no copyright issues.

2. I don’t quite see why Microsoft would buy your game. I’m making assumptions here, but since they’re the copyright holders and they own / work with the development company (Bungie), they can just make their own professional game, rather than buying one a single fan or a small development team made.

I think you would do well to make your own game with your own resources.

about copyright infingement, i will write a letter to them soon, asking for permission to proceed.
as for them buying the game, they would probably buy it, since they can earn money of it with little work on thier part.

Listen I am sorry wabuilderman but if Microsoft were to buy a game from you they would want it to be a real clean, beautifully polished game, that has standards on next-gen gaming. And the amount of effort it takes to make a halo game is immense. It took about 200 highly skilled guys over a year and $40 million to make. And if you want to make a halo game you are going to need to make it bigger and better than the last one. And I am sorry but at your experience level it just does not seem possible. But good luck anyways. As I said before I highly reccomend you start off making smaller games and working your way up to more complicated stuff.

first off, (i am not going to tell microsoft this of course) but worst case, i give it to them free… also, you will find that they could probably replace some of my lower poly models with thiers and they would be almost top notch… this would be easy for them to do for your information. This is me wanting to do a halo project, with my own story twist, and then actually have it published, not necessarily with me getting money for it.

zbryanz, it seems to me that you tend to always rain on other peoples parades… as my mother once said: if you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

now ANYWAYS… i need help… i want to find out how i can get character rotation using the mouse, and tilting the upper part of the armature if the mouse moves up or down.

I am not trying to rain on anybody’s parade. I am just trying to tell you your best chance is to work with smaller games first. Because a feat like this is incredibly difficult especially for someone new like you. I am sorry but Microsoft would not take this. They can’t just take your lower poly models and update them it’s not that easy. You even said it yourself before, it wasn’t your model, you downloaded it off of somewhere.

zbryanz, it seems to me that you tend to always rain on other peoples parades…

I am not raining on your parade and when have I ever rained on anyone elses parade

other peoples = anyone but yourself

and when i said my models, i was reffering to guns… which i am making myself.

also, fyi, you are raining on my parade.

I know what other peoples mean. Show me an example when I have rained on someone elses parade? But still the master chief model is copyright and chances are microsoft won’t let you use it. It might be a good idea to go with something original, you don’t have to worry about copyrights and you can claim everything as yours.

listen… can you please stop posting your negative comments here?? i am trying to do this thing whether you advise me to or not.

I am not trying to be negative I am just trying to tell you the truth, and it is good that you are persistent like this. But if you wish, I will leave you alone out of respect. I am sorry if the posts were negative towards you I was only trying to help. But good luck with this project.

zbryanz was not being a pessimist. In fact I agree with him. Really the effort that goes into a small game in enormous, let alone a huge next gen polished game that Microsoft would sell. Consider making your own games instead, and then you can work your way up. :slight_smile:

Wow PhoenixSmith nice work on the Matcap pack. I sure will be trying these out.

Thanks! I wish I could add more, but time is so hard to find. :slight_smile:

oh cool, How do you make something like those?

You can use Blender, just make sphere center it and render it (with a material) and violia! :slight_smile: Well it’s not exactly that easy but basically. :wink:

What about ones like brushed silver that have a sort of background to it

That was a cycles render with a glossy material.

can you please not chat irrelevently on here?

also, despite every thing everyone is saying, i am going to keep trying, and trying, and trying, this is mostly going to be my game making project, in which i hope to master the art of gamemaking.