Princess

Hi, this is first result of a bigger (hopeless) project. Rendered and composited in Blender. Maya and sculptris for modeling. Krita for textures and post.

I’m amazed, cycles are great render engine, and creating materials and compositing is fun in blender!

The face expression is great.
The light is a bit too grey and low contrast in the shadows, it would work for something realistic, but for a scene from a tale you could try using darker shadow areas lit by some additional blueish or greenish light.
How is Krita doing? When I tried it the last time it was not finished enough to work efficiently, but that’s some years ago now.

Yeah, you are right I guess, its very desturated, maybe i will do something with it.
Krita is great, well it sometimes crashes, even on linux, but it’s amazing tool!

Wow, how has this gotten completely overlooked for the gallery?? At the risk of sounding effeminate, I have to say this is “delightful”! :smiley:

You used Krita for textures? I’d be interested to see what your worfklow is there. I’ve wanted to do more with Krita in a texturing workflow, but haven’t gotten around to really learning it enough to put it to the test there. Tutorials, please??

This is impressive! I love the materials/textures especially. I also like how it looks like the princess and the dragon are scheming something together. Poor knight in shining armor :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I think there’s nothing special about the workflow, just using normal painting brushes. And painted textures were used for the character mainly. Envirovment is textured with porcedural textures and vertex paint.

Example painted texture. I had more textures for ie. face red areas, face freckles etc… and mixed them in blender node editor to get final texture…

Haha, you see right thru me, man :smiley:

This picture is really beautiful. I love the expression on both faces. I think it’s the eyes that make it work so well. And all the textures look really great. The tree trunk looks awesome and unique. Amazing work :slight_smile:

Great composition, this whole image is so nicely put together, especially the colors and placement of the characters. Part of me wants some more dramatic shadows/lighting for the environment (dappled light from forest trees), but it still works well as is. Did you do preliminary sketches?

I’m glad you like it. :slight_smile:
Yes I did, many of them. A lot of concept images and also a lot of sketching over test renders during whole process to know that its going to work. I can post some of them here, after i get home.

Also I can share some blend with i.e. textured envirovment parts , if anyone interested…

I really like how the girl looks, especially the face and hair. But something bothers me about the dragon texture. Can’t decide what exactly.

Anyway, I love the overall look. Great job!