Duck spitting fire

Hello everyone!
This is the newest Video by Shushustorm. It can bee seen at:

Feedback would be nice!

Attachments

Well that was… kind of random?

Yes.
What do you think about the fire? I tried making it look about 70% realistic. If one can say it like that.
Do you think the animation is okay? And what about the colors? I was pretty undecisive about the colors when I made this. But looking at it now, I guess the colors fit?

Right now it’s a thin straight line… I think the least you can do is make it cone shaped. Also try to add some shape randomness and maybe a little smoke. And some bright sparkle particles, also a bit randomed. The coloring seems ok though.

Just try not to over-do. Lots and lots of small fixes will bring the biggest changes.

I’m not any kind of fire expert myself, but I think these tips might help.

Nevertheless, fire spitting duck… you’ve got ideas. :smiley:

Thank you very much for your feedback!
You’re completely right! Well, I wouldn’t use smoke. But particles and another shape could help making this more realistic quite a bit! I just don’t want to cross the line so that it looks too real. :smiley:
While working on this, I tried using a cube for simulating the other duck’s head so that the fire goes around that. This caused the fire to form a sphere-like shape which was way too big. So I used the flames without the cube.