Blender 2.67b for mac OS... sun lamp issue

For those who are doing the Architecture Academy (as i am)… i’m working with a released tutorial about how to make a lounge room… but, in the moment that i have to put the sun lamp, simply the result is not the expected…

Some suggestions?

Thanks

Can you post also “only sun lamp” variant, making background = 0 and turn off background MIS if used. any chance you use Ambient occlusion in Background property?

Have you tried with 2.68 RC? And do you use CPU or GPU rendering? Also try to hide the glass in the window - there might be some error in its setup.

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Lighting and Rendering”

i am using nodes in blender cycles so, there is no variants to use more than Strength and Size for the cast… Ambient Occlusion is off…

i have a mac book pro so i need to render with CPU for cycles, cuz GPU do not have enough memory

Post a link to an example blend file that demonstrates what you are seeing

Hi Duncan,

I made a quick test scene and rendered it with CPU only on two machines with 10.7.4 and 10.8.4 with the official Blender 2.67b r57123 and 2.68RC and i don’t get any sun problem.
Test my scene and see if you get the same result as this image.
You have to reset the path to the 014_Half.jpg world environment image in the starter pack which i used for the test.

Cheers

suntest.blend (577 KB)

Ja!.. so it is me! that’s good news… the bad new is that i still lost about what it is… your file do the right thing… mine is not, i’ll double check it! thks…

ok… wired thing… i just erase my sun lamp (after erase it and add it many times) and append your sun lamp… and voila! now it is working!!! so i’m gonna get some beers!!! :slight_smile: thanks to all of you folks… it might be the blender version…

After lots of beers you’ll probably solve it.
Or at least make something interesting…lol

Cheers :yes: