Vanity, Vanity... All is Vanity

Hello,

This is a project I started some time ago…

It evokes the vanity of the Baroque era. The quote is not mine, it belongs to the ecclesiastic. According to the book, life is foolish, we must grasp the present day because there is no way to ensure a positive future.
Some artists have expressed this in many vanity painting … I tried to look at all the objects in those paintings, to group them by themes, symbols, history.

About 44 textures were used (many from Cgtextures) many references photos were very useful to me to find the right topology of the object as the rapier, bag, guitar, hourglass.

I used the rendering engine cycles, rendering was very long, I’ll post later renders with more samples.

If you have any advice or questions on some items I would be pleased to hear them.

Attachments

It’s like to watch a paint from Caravaggio! Amazing composition and lighting! Just love it :slight_smile:

Nice composition!

this is pretty good. Very creative and well executed.

Only critic is that the flowers look a little plastic and the coins are just too damn thin.

I like your theme and the way you composed the image. Maybe the guitar or mandolin needs some strings. But great job on this.

Very impressing!

How did you achieve the light traces in the air?

wow, this is really good!

@Ciberglobe : Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

@Shakquan : Thank you !

@kohg : thanks for the critic … The transparency + texture on the flower increase the render time, I will change the material node setup in the next render… :slight_smile:

@harleynut97 : Thanks ! The texture was hard to find for the mandolin, but maybe old strings will add more realism to the scene for the next render

@Siebeneicher : thank you ! For the light traces I just copy the scene, add a spot, set halo, add a plane with holes in it and render in blender internal… As the traces were to big I increase the samples in the world settings and for the spot. Then in the node I just mix the cycles render and the blender internal render. I also tried with Andrew price technic on Photoshop but it was hard to manage all the objects…

@MmAaXx : thanks ! :wink:

UPDATE :eyebrowlift:
Give me some feedbacks

http://i.imgur.com/YURweF1.jpg