Dragonfly

Hi everyone,:slight_smile:
Here’s my latest project: a dragonfly. Rendered in cycles with the new strand renderer for the fur of the dragonfly.

Hope you’ll like it.
Thanks

A beautiful job on this, it is always refreshing to see wildlife models/scenes of any type here. You really don’t appreciate the nice job you did until you click on the pic for a bigger view.

Epic work. Gallery!

Really nice work! 5 stars for having re-ignited my insectophobia. :smiley:

Now, show us some wireframe. It’s too good to be true. :wink:

Lovely! The texture ont hat dragonfly is superb! My only crit would be that there’s no motion blur on the wings and that dragonflies don’t position their legs like that when in flight. It could be that he just unfolded it and he’s about to land but maybe some motion blur could better convey that?

5 stars gallery direct

Epic Win! Full Res make it BIG!!

amazingly real, beautiful take.

Great job. I can’t wait to see more.

Is it just me or all the images looks really bad when posted on the forum? and looks amazing after saving it or opening it in full size. Anyway, amazing scene.

Awesome, well done !

I noticed the same things, images not all of the same quality !

Nice pic you have there, the only detail I can spot to say that image is computer generated: is the abuse of DoF, if you correct that, it would be a perfect nature imitation.

you sir re a genius!

Beautiful!

Reminds me of all the time I spent at the park as a young tot, running and screaming in abject terror at these things, and later, in my teens, realizing they’re actually quite beautiful, and actually harmless, not just fake-adult-lies harmless as I’d always presumed (like dentists and the children of your parents’ coworkers).

Well done!

Wow!

The texturing is what i’m most curious about though. i’d like to know how u did it

Hey that`s awsome! Very realistic!
Is it possible to see a wireframe?

btw, I did something similar a year ago ( http://www.blendswap.com/blends/view/47290 )
by far not so realistic… But I think we used the same wings :slight_smile:

very realistic for me…

Thank you all for your comments, it’s nice!
I post two screenshots for wireframe and texturing.
I did the texturing with the new tool of the stencil painty 2.67, it’s very useful. There are two particle systems for the dragonfly and the ears.
I think i’ll send it to blendswap to share it with everyone. :slight_smile:

Amazing!!!

Should be 5 star works!