Offer: small object modelling job

Good morning,

I am in the process of learning Blender, but I realise I may take too long for this project and so I am looking for anyone who may be interested in a small job

Basiaclly, I am looking for someone to make the gauntlets as worn by Cad Bane, as a simple object for use as a basis for a pepakura build. They are the only “hard armour” bits of the outfit and it is such a rare costume that there are no providers.

You can see some pictures here:

http://imageshack.us/a/img836/4804/2kek.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img607/8390/6fy9.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img46/4218/4wl6.jpg

I have rough measurements, based on my other armour, and many screengrabs to help. It would be main body and keypad - the other items (pointy bits and tubing) are unneeded as I’ll craft these with other methods.

Although there are two gauntlets they are mirror images of each other.

I do not know what to offer for this, so I will entertain all sensible sounding fees :smiley:

I don’t have a tight deadline, as the rest of the outfit is taking a good 7 months, but obviously, the sooner I get the objects, the sooner I can build.

Thank you for reading, please PM me here or mail me direct at [email protected]

Looks easy enough?

Just curious, why do you need this modeled when you clearly already have one?

What kind of detail and resolution would we be talking about, I’ve used Pepakura and it goes kinda nuts with a lot of polys.

Would it need to be modeled full size?

Just curious?

I’ll consider it (although I probably won’t pick this up as I am working on another project right now)

Sent you an email.

I don’t think he already has a model. That’s an image from Cartoon Network at the end, and the others are physical versions that people have built. He needs his own physical version, and plans to make it out of paper. (Or more probably, cardboard.)

You’re right that Pepakura with highpoly is bad. He’ll definitely want a very low-poly version, with any bits and bobs being separate so that they’re easy to fold. Providing a decent texture would probably be a bonus, though he probably plans on painting it.

I have no freetime right now, so I can’t promise anything. But if nobody else takes you up on it, and I get bored, I’ll probably look into it. I’d want a lot more reference images, though. I don’t watch the show, and so I don’t have a good feel for the device.

Edit: Also, I’m a rank novice at modeling, so it might well beyond my abilities yet.

I’ve sent you a PM and I am working on the model. Should be fun.

To answer the questions, you are right - the photos are of other people’s builds, that I’m using as reference. Unfortunately, this costume isn’t easy at all to do - in fact there’s currently one in the whole of the 501st, worldwide, so noone at all is making the bits in kit form!

It’s going to be printed, then fibreglassed and then treated like any other armour I’ve done - sanded, coated, painted.

Anyway, job is filled now (got many replies), thank you all.