yazjack's sketchbook

Something to start with, those are my sculpts so far.

Attachments

And the latest one.

Attachments

Good Work! and nice to see you on BlenderArtists forum :wink:

Very nice stuff! LOVE the last creature! :slight_smile:

Cheers guys!
I’m into the Metro Universum books lately hence another creeper. ~40 minutes just playing with the rough idea.

Ok, I felt sorry that he can’t chase the prey so i gave him a body :wink:

Attachments

Good work. I like the first image the best, but they are all very good.

Thanks, the first image was the most time consuming one. Rest is pretty much all sketches.
Speaking of sketches, I give you the teddy bear. And below my attempts to use tablet.
Edit: I can’t just leave that poor creature alone…

Attachments

Another 20 min quicky

Attachments

quite creative use of dynatopo, really good!

Thanks Doris! I actually do it as a creativity training, hence weird subject. I hope it will also help to take my skills up a notch, back in the art academy they used to torment us with hundreds of super quick sketches which worked surprisingly well in case of drawing skills. When I run out of animals I plan to do mutations with 2 or more species and in the end mutations with animals and objects. All the time keeping it in postapo style. I also try to keep it like bozzetto, quick and simple, yet recognisable. I hope I didn’t fail so far :wink:
So far I established super easy and quick workflow, I do a rough sketch using subdivided skin mod and just skip right to sculpting, using mostly clay strips and snakehook.
And I still can’t bring myself to use a tablet :wink:

I thought I did comment this very interesting thread. Sorry.
Lot of interesting stuff. Though the first posted portrait- sculpt is my favorite.

Cheers Michalis!
Here’s today’s one, can’t say I’m happy with it but if I keep “one a day” system it won’t matter. Btw, this guy was actually described in the book “Into the darkness”.

Attachments

This time a boar based on stalker, they are not mutated there.

Attachments

Creative indeed, nice work again! :smiley:

Great sculpts !
I wouldn’t want to meet some of them in a forest walk :slight_smile:

Cheers Vicky and Sanctuary!
Yeah, I guess throwing bolts at them wouldn’t work that well :wink:

I find it hard to stop with those guys, I just want to continue sculpting beyond the time limit I established… But It also makes me focus on a model as a whole instead of sculpting a tiny piece of it. Note to myself: keep your hands off the model you “finished” or else you go into a rabbit hole :wink:

Attachments

And another one

Attachments

your last creatures are great… yes my tools too, claystrips and snakehook are a great combo to get the forms quick.

Cheers Doris! I start to notice some changes in my workflow, it’s much easier to get the basic shapes and I get faster and more accurate. Yay for practice :wink:
I kind of started to avoid using skin mod, it tends to cause more problems than it helps and it’s time consuming. Snakehook and remesh works faster if used at early phase.
Today sculpt was a little tricky since it’s not symmetric, I called it NOPE pig.

Attachments

good observation on the pig, i like the solid forms, snout is quite big, but i guess that was intended… asymmetry is a great artists tool :slight_smile: … yes, i do “extrudes” with snakehook too, and use “collapse short edges” in the dynatopo panel, makes no remesh necessary in most cases … i will try your way too, always good to have lots of possibilities at hand.