Just a Beer

It`s just a beer…
I hope you like the picture.
High res:

Cheers!

Looks tasty :slight_smile: I thought you did a good job on the water drops outside of the glass, the beer in the glass looks pretty convincing as well. I bet the wire piece that holds the top was kind of a pain to model.

Nice job all the way around, makes me want to crack one open… but it’s only 10 am here in the US, so I better wait awhile :slight_smile:

Loving it! And I gotta agree with Harley, it really makes yer throat seem a bit dry. :wink: But hey! It’s always happy hour somewhere!

Thank you harleynut97 & davidlyell !

… I bet the wire piece that holds the top was kind of a pain to model.

Actually the wire was not difficult. The part were I get headache was the foam… I have tried to make the foam with a huge numbers of particles or with a very komplex volume material… finaly a simple image texture brought the desired look.

Wow, looks like beer! You nailed it.

I couldn’t quite tell what was happening on the foam, but that looks okay.

DOF seems to be somehow strange on this picture.
Correct me if wrong but, it looks like you didn’t use DOF in this scene and just put blured background on that window glass?
Also, the window frame is very old but the window is supernatural perfect - no stains, no scratches, perfectly flat, etc. (the same with windowsill)
Anyway the beer looks tasty.

DOF seems to be somehow strange on this picture.
Correct me if wrong but, it looks like you didn’t use DOF in this scene and just put blured background on that window glass?
Also, the window frame is very old but the window is supernatural perfect - no stains, no scratches, perfectly flat, etc. (the same with windowsill)
Anyway the beer looks tasty.

Thank you ntnsftr

Yes, you are right.
Lets say its a old window with new glass and new windowsill. :wink:
The window was actually not planed, my main focus was on the beer… but just the glass and the bottle, with a simple studio- background was quit boring so I decide to make the scene (still boring) more interesting… but there is still DOF in this scene, look at the high-res link.

The background is not mapped on the glass. It`s a plane behind the glass. (I would have make photo- mapping to make it more realistic).

I`ve made some changes to bring out the realism:

Ich möchte ein grosse bier… (I want a large beer)
(Oh I am multi-lingual if you haven’t figured from me posting comments with Japanese or German in them)
Anyway this looks really convincing and I got the urge to grab a beer, realized I didn’t have one and that it’s just 1pm

Looks really good. Definetly makes me want a beer for myself.

Gotta say that I like the first picture (only with the beer) better. But that’s just me.

Very nice work overall. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

For just a beer, i really like it.

Bacon! That’s what was missing in the first picture. Now it’s perfect :slight_smile:
I love the composition. It would feel empty above the plate, but the colors in the blurred background and a label on the bottle that draws the eye make a nice diagonal composition. Great picture!