Edit in Render

I’m sure this could be done in Blender…I just don’t know how. Can one make changes and instantly see the rendered result. What I did was make a brick wall, but i’m trying to remove some of the bricks. Like it had been broken down or something. The space between the bricks is where i want to make the cuts but it doesn’t show the bricks in edit or object mode…it doesn’t even show the bricks in texture mode where everything is just black and white, like so;

The large rectangle in the center is the brick wall. Is there a better way to do this or am I only missing one button press?

I really don’t get it… but be aware, that you scrolled all the way down on the right panel. that’s why there are no material properties (if that’s what you’re looking for…

Try the cycles rendered view. At the top of the window, click the bar that says “Blender Render” and set it to “Cycles.” Then set the view mode to “Rendered.”

Didn’t work…unless there are more steps that are needed. This was my result in cycles;

The following is the result of Blender Render but, I can’t change anything. I would have to exit the render but then all the textures disappear.

Materials are non-transferable between BI and Cycles. You could just make a quick new diffuse material, assign it, and plug your texture into the color input of the diffuse node. Looking at this in the rendered view mode will show a rendered version.

Looking more closely at your request, however, it seems to me that you don’t actually need a fully rendered view. You only want the texture to show (tell me if I’m misinterpreting). I can’t see your material/texture settings in any of your screenshots, but I would suggest checking that “Color” in the influence panel of the textures tab is checked and set to 1.

If all else fails, you could set your texture as a background image and scale it so that it lined up with your wall, then make cuts based on that.

Background image sounds promising but what I’m probably gonna end up doing is make an array of bricks rather then put the image on a plane like I’ve been doing. From there I can just pick and choose which bricks I want to remove. It will slow down my render for sure but it will make things easier. Especially if I plan to place some of those bricks on the nearby ground.

open n panel in viewport window. scroll to display settings. change setting from multitexture to GLSL. switch viewport from solid to textured view.