Toucan Sketchbook

Starting up a sketchbook to celebrate the beginning of a summer of blender. Also the beginnings of a record of mistakes so that I don’t repeat them.

Feedback/criticism extremely welcome!

Headphones come with thanks to Richard Marklew for rescuing me from my own lack of observational skills. Lots of time spent messing with color settings to figure why a portion of the image was so dark, only to have it pointed out that I had turned off subdivision for rendering at some point.

UPDATE: Image attached below is thread image.

Attachments

nice, you doing well

Just rendered this. Critique threadhere.

Attachments

Haven’t updated in a while. Got some stuff coming. In the mean time, a 2d face study with lots of problems. Drawing is so hard :slight_smile:

Believe it or not, this fractal is actually two dimensional. Each of the smaller pyramids is half the size of the pyramids in the precedeing iteration, and four pyramid are needed to build one of the previous iteration, making the Hausdorff–Besicovitch dimension equation 2^d = 4. It is obvious that d=2, making this a two dimensional figure.

A further interesting fact about the pyramid is that its surface area is constant. As can be seen in the video, at each step, the pyramid can simply be cut and folded to make the next iteration.

In the real fractal, this should have infinite iterations, but obviously that’s impossible to animate, so this only shows the first three.

Nice mixer! You should do a blender! :wink:

I started modeling this, then realized that I didn’t really know where I was going, so I used it for 2d practice. It might eventually get modeled.

I was playing with some greebles and decided to put them to use in a quick enigine room-ish/turbine-y scene.

Elephant. I have some vague plans to animate it in the future.

Some recent-ish stuff:
Walk cycle-y thing for the elephant.

A little transformation clip inspired by Honda Hands

Pokemon! Golbat-- Rendered with BI/Freestyle

Another Pokemon, Flareon. Also my first shot at sculpting (other than the ears). Cycles, 500 samples, path tracing integrator.

Haven’t had much time to blend lately, but here’s a couple pictures: a drawing for my current project and a couple pictures of a WIP that will probably be left in its current, unfinished state.