BGMC 9 | Throwing Knife

Hi, I just finished “project” for Blender Game Making Challange.
Game is a little bit unfinished, because i didn’t have a whole week for a game.
Game is about throwing knives and killing balloons :stuck_out_tongue:
I Know very funny xD

Gameplay is here:

For some reason I could not capture the sound FX and background music in the game :frowning:
Sorry for that, download the game for full potential.

Below is a download link for the game.

Problem with textures SOLVED, new download link available.

Download link with solved textures.

P.S. If you have any problem with textures or anything else plz. tell me.

Pretty cool gameplay video, wish there was some music and cool sounds. :slight_smile:
The download link seems to be private though sadly so we can’t download it. :frowning:

Sry for download link, I hope its work now :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll recapture a gameplay with sound (not sure when, but I will), some problems first time xD

Done.

Yikes there seems to be something wrong with the file. It appears the textures are missing or something along those lines.

Nicely done…The hands reminds me of surgeon simulator :DDDDDDDDDD

Looks very good from the Video. The Graphics are high Quality. Unfortunately i could only play it in the dark, because of the problem with the textures.

Problem SOLVED, new download link available.

Oh I also get an error when I try to run the actual application. It tells me it’s made for a 64 bit computer and I’m running 32 bit so it doesn’t work. I’m also still getting a texture error even with it on the desktop. I’m opening the .blend file itself since I can’t run the application.

If u can’t play .exe file u always can open .blend file.
The game is made ​​in Blender 2.67 on x64 operation system.

.blend file location:

Throwing Knife\Release\Play Circus.blend

Problem SOLVED, new download link available.

Lovely little game. It would have been nice if the ‘hitboxes’ of the balloons were a bit bigger. You can also optimize the physics and rasterizing a bit by lowering the poly-count on some of your models and disabling collision on for example the stone block.

PS: Will you post this on bGame?

Nice idea, but i need first make some levels, optimization, few more models, etc.
Atm. I don’t have too much time for this, but in near future I will do it.

P.S. Someone still have problem with textures or anything else ?

Alright I finally get to play it in all it’s glory! It looks and plays VERY nice I will say. The one thing that bothers me is I feel like the hit detection is sometimes off on the balloons. Sometimes the knife will be sticking in the balloon and the balloon won’t pop. :confused:

Yeah, I know what is problem, but this is how script work atm.

Example: When your mouse over is on wheel, script detect wheel and calculate position of hit [Position of hit = mouse over position + random offset (± little number, “accuracy”)] and sometimes this position is the same as position of balloon.

knife.worldPosition = hit_pos + Vector(((random()-0.5)*0.05, 0, (random()-0.7)*0.075))

knife.worldPosition = position of knife after calculation
hit_pos = mouseover position (“hitbox”)
Vector = random offset

I’ll rewrite this script later.