Log Cabin

This is a little project I am working on for my father for fathers day. As it is tomorrow this is the semi finished result. Later I will add things like trees and more shrubs.

I would love to hear some critiques on it.

Looks quite nice. The bushes and grass are coming along well.
I would suggest not having a log roof though. It makes the cabin seam a bit plain, and it would leak too! Most log cabins have tiled or corrugated iron roofs.

This looks good :slight_smile: I would maybe use a displacement map on the logs and maybe multiple textures, they look very uniform and and all the same. Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

M.D.Simmo:
Thank you and now as look at more and more reference images is see that most have the roof as you say. Thanks for pointing that out!

BenWebster:
Thank you! I have thought of adding a displacement map, but I can’t seem to find one on the internet. So I might add one later by making it. I all so plan of Making the logs different textures than they are now. Thanks for the tips!

I now have added Trees to it.

Next I plan on Tweaking the textures on things

Here is another update. I have added some variation to the textures, added more plants, and sculpted the ground some.

I am not really sure what I am going to do next right now.

The sky is rather dark, may had allot to the scene if you had a lighter, more daylight sky to your scene!

Are you planning on putting a door?

Maybe the reminisce of a path leading to the house, like shorter grass?

What about a chimney?

The Sky is transparent right now, I plan on adding it in photoshop.

I have thought of maybe adding a door, but as this is an abandoned cabin, probably not.

The path is a good idea! I will definitely add that!

A chimney is also a good idea, I might add that.

It looks pretty good, I’m just wondering what red lines on each of the logs are.

I looked at the texture I used and it seems to be a mark from a logging company, the texture was a pile of logs with the camera pointed toward the ends. I will change it for future renders,

Here is my semi final render, witch means I will not be updating this thread anymore, because there will be no major changes.