Images Upside Down

I’m using Blender 2.67, Windows 7, 64 bit. I’ve been trying to make a desert scene using the method in a tutorial, Creating an Island scene. I had created that one and all is fine. With this one I can’t the the images to show right, they are upside down. I used the Landscape to create the mountain then added a plane for the ground sanded area. First of all when I try and weight paint on the plane can only do so by clicking on the corners of of it. No painting where want. When creating the rocks they showed up fine. But when I did the weight paint the cactus and the creating of vertex group, material, texture and particle settings they render upside down. I’m still trying to learn about blender but not a complete beginner. I tried changing some settings that were not in the tutorial but only managed to get them so show on their sides. I don’t know how to fix this. Any ideas?
This is what I’m trying to get on there.

there is a rotation button in particles. their is a display selection click rendered and you can see what is going on in 3d view. I hope this helps if not post a blend file. if you cant here use http://pasteall.org/

That could be because of many things and I’d rather not take many guesses.
One reason could be that you’re using UV coordinates to map the texture on the plane and the UVs are upside down (if so, rotate it 180° in the UV/Image editor, in edit mode). Another perhaps that you’re using particle system to distribute those but need to rotate your duplicated object to get the correct alignment.

Weight paint creates a vertex group and weight is applied to vertices. That’s why you can only paint on corners.

Next time, could you please use paragraphs. Also, you mentioned a tutorial so link to it if possible (preferably to a point where you have problems). Link to a .blend file is the most useful thing one can do - you should be able to attach .blend files directly in here but in case not, you could use pasteall.org and share the link after upload.
in problems that involve textures, you can pack texture with file -> external data -> pack into .blend and then save. That packs all external files, but you can pack individual images in the UV/Image editor, image menu -> pack image.
In file -> save as dialog, there’s also compress option. Helps getting file size down for uploading (if needed).

Thank you for all the suggestions. Will work on it some more today.

Thanks kaznger