Security Drone

I made this for scene I did a couple weeks ago, but it was unfinished in that scene.
rendered in cycles, 700 passes about 2 hrs each image. There are a couple issues here and there, but overall I am happy with it. Its not 100% accurate either.

Bad Arse! The detail looks great!

Sweet! Great model and render!

… wait… what do you mean it’s not 100% accurate? :wink:

I love it! Looks high-dollar, like billionaire villain status. It kinda reminds me of something from the P0rtal universe ^.^

Nice Design. It would be nice to see a render of it closed. Or even an animation of it opening up. :slight_smile:

Really great design, the renders show it off nicely too. It has that clean out of the box look over most of it but then the guns seem more worn to me. I feel like it pulls the focus, but maybe that’s the point. It does make it clear that this thing isn’t exactly friendly.

Wow… really nice in all aspects, the texturing really stands out to me. As Ohjin mentioned, animating it would be very cool too.

Here’s a drone animated project of a different sort I did a little while ago, check it out when you have some time. But don’t bail out at the credits, or you’ll miss the top secret ending

http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?288219-quot-Unmanned-Vengeance-quot-A-Blender-action-adventure-short-video

Thanks alot guys!
I just want to clarify that this is not my design. Its from the movie Oblivion that came out a few weeks back.
I say its not 100% accurate because I just couldnt get the shape perfectly as it is in the movie…but I guess we are allowed some artistic liberty when we do these things.
I had originally had these dirty for the scene I made with them and forgot to un-dirty the guns…I did want that out-of-the-box look for these renders.
Here is a shot with the guns closed. Rendering an animation would take forever on my computer on my pc it would take about 300 hrs to do a 10 second clip at 720p. I cant afford a render service at this time.

I havnt watched the film. To me it looks like the guns should slide into the white sleeves.

Nice job of modelling. The movie is worth renting when it comes out on DVD.

Steve S

Oblivion Drone in the flesh. Nice. Loved the movie, loved the effects.
Although the original drones had more reflective surface. Maybe also add some fighting marks and some marks around the exhaust areas - give some life to your model, because now its like a food without seasoning :stuck_out_tongue:
Nice work

I know in the movie, they do not. It does look like they should though.

I did some dirty ones for This scene, but I wasnt really happy with them. I may try again.
Thanks for the feedback everyone.