Dead Zone

Hello there BA!

I’m very pessimistic about WIP games on this forum (and many other forums), because I’ve seen how
easily a project can die.
I’m also very aware that this project can die as well, although I hope it won’t.

I’d like to present here an FPS game that me and a friend have been working on for quite a while now:

-Working Title: Dead Zone (extremely cliche’ I know, but wtf it sounds cool doesn’t it?)

-Basic Plot: (this plot was written by me so its still a WIP)
You are a reporter writing about the Bermuda Triangle for a large news company. You hired a pilot to fly you
to a small “ghost” island (an island that was once inhabited but is now abandoned because of volcanic activity)
in the Bermuda Triangle, but the plane crashes on the island during a freak storm and the pilot goes missing.
You are stranded.
As the game continues you realize that you are not alone on the island. A mysterious robotic-alien community has
settled on the Island. the robots kill/kidnap any human unlucky enough to come too close to their island.
They force people to do pointless slave labor, and they detest any kind of individual freedom…

Aim of the game: Kill their leader and get off the Island.

-This is a basic FPS/Action game, where you will use a variety of real and fictional weapons.
-This game is open source (GPL I guess)

Currently there are two of us working on this game, me and a friend of mine who isn’t on BA.

TODO:
-More Levels (only one level ATM, working on more)
-Lots of Props (we already have lots, but we need lots more :D)
-Enemies
-Enemy AI (this is almost done actually)

We could use some help with:
-modelling (props mostly, and level design)
-texturing (props mostly)

The below is not top priority, but I’ll be happy to let you help with:
-Python Scripting (Enemy AI and such…)
-Animation (not much to do here ATM, but PM me if you’re interested)
-Advanced Modelling (characters etc. this is also not too much, but PM me if you interested :slight_smile: )

If you would like to help, please PM me or email: [email protected]
We would really appreciate some help with this game. The ‘bones’ of the game are done. All we need now is some meat. :wink:

===========================
Here are some screenies of what we have so far:

===========================

PS: Just so that there are no misunderstandings: this game is volunteer driven, so technically, all you get out of
this project is your name in the credits and bragging rights (maybe) :wink:

Thanks for reading,
Guss Aka Rico

Yo!

We are currently working on props and Enemy AI…
Here are some screenies:

(this is our basic enemy ‘bot’ :wink: there will be variations of course.)

more screenies:

(this is a more futuristic weapon… we plan to have real and fictional weapons in the game).

Just going to say that that is a very smooth gun! (in post 2)
Looking good, keep it up.

@sdfgeoff
Hopefully it [the gun] will improve before the game is done :wink:

So I’ve got the AI basically up and running, the enemies will now follow me around the map (they can climb as well), and they throw sparks whenI shoot at them… going pretty well.
screenie:

Maybe I’ll spend the weekend animating the baddie…

The main menu:

well, we’ve been busy, and I think it time for a small update:

My friend Louis has been doing tons of modelling, and I got the enemy AI up and running, but not animated yet.
Instead I completely overhauled the player’s animations (they were pretty rotten) so now every action
runs more smoothly. Oh, and I also included a knife anim. you can now use use knife by pressing V or scroll up…

We also have particles now, thanks to Solar Lune’s AWESOME XEmitter particle system, and we can now do
rain, snow, smoke, sparks, fire, etc, etc. (yay!!)

Here are some screenies:

Greetings,
Guss

Heyall!

Just have time for a quick update. We have been working hard (on models and the world mostly, but enemy AI was also improved)
We also built a menu system. Enemy bots can now chase and kill you (Either melee or shooting), and a big water update too:

I’m currently working on a weapons grabbing system and enemy/player spawn systems.

Thanx,
Guss

This looks pretty interesting, im new-ish to blender but come from a professional graphic design / illustration / scene modelling background.

I would just like to offer a little help with the overall look to the game and offer advice from the eyes of an artist who loves this genre.

Get me at [email protected]