Manga work by blender support

Hi All,

We are happy to share our new progress of manga work. The style is black and white with blender to finish all the background including building, environment, and some items like moter car or specific effect. The outline is using the line render methord in blender and also toon shade to fill the color. The character was overpainted above these 3D element.

Thanks to blender’s high performance. We can handle millions of polygons smooth and fast. And we can produce 24pages each week for update. In the last month we have produced over 100 pages of this story and got very welcome “like” in China.

Now we are trying to make some English version and hopefull to spread this to the wordwild. Anyone if interested to publish this in any language we will be really appreciate! :slight_smile:

Ok, so here’re some screenshot of our story with 3D in Blender. Hope you like it.

Cheers,
congcong009

Few more screenshots.

Attachments

some screenshot from our blender world. :slight_smile:

It looks good, and why painting the character over the generated scene, instead of making him 3D as well, is there some kind of disadvantage in doing that?, btw what is the name of the manga?

Create manga character in 3D is way more complex than 2D and cost more time, while we now can delivery 24 pages per week which this won’t be finished using 3D. So in this case we choose to paint them over our 3D scene which will be more convenience for our 2D artist. The English name we think would be “The Mercy of Gods” . :slight_smile:

Oh rolf, I saw the title, and for some reason I though it was the chapter name :P, btw what happened with a manga you was making, Dead Blood I think it was its name, or something about a magic flying subway train?.

DeathBlood is our producer’s name. :slight_smile:

mmm…, my “guessing skills” are not very sharp today, so what was the name of the magic flying subway train manga?, did you finish it?, or it was a pilot/demo?

It’s a shot that the character Kart driver his moter to cross the damaged bridge with full speed, not some magic. :slight_smile:

Awesome stuff :smiley:

I really like the work you’ve put into this with the environments. Did you think about possibly using freestyle to ink you backgrounds with a simple grey material and some solid shadows?

Yes I really would love to use Freestyle, but there’s one very serious defect for Freestyle that we could not use it. Freestyle could not render the cross line of two object so it won’t be easy to handle missions of pologys scene. Please check my another discussion thread for this issue.

Impressive Work.