norvman's_ Sketchbook

You should be seeing my my latest work post here on this first comment

a few more test renders…

one more…

and one more…

Attachments

I love your fighting guy! :smiley:

Yah he’s one of my old files… I built him back when I still had a VideoToaster 4000… which used a 3D program called Lightwave…
I since have modified him and few other to work with just about every 3D program I have used… Blender has been really the first 3D software where I could fully animate him to my satisfaction… Well maybe I shouldn’t say that… I have him in XSI (the commercial 3D software I currently use) (well I say use… I haven’t even opened it up in a year or so) and XSI is one kick ass Rigging software… but Blender equals in all the ways that count in my opinion… Anyway… I will stop talking before this turns into a rant…:yes:

Here’s another that I have been working on lately…

Attachments

What are you rendering with?

1st… BI as per your method … Here… very cool…
http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?293116-Houseplant_Edge-Render
2nd… Cycles
3rd… Cycles
4th… Cycles

all the cycles rendering is as a result of trying to get up to speed over the past few months on using Cycles and Nodes…
I’m more of Model and Rigging kind of guy…

Here’s another one were I have been playing with cycles textures mostly…

Hey, I love this… any chance you share the blend/material or let me know how you do the edge shading?
I’d love to use it or recreate something like it in my short film i’m making…

something like this:

He already linked to where he figured out to do it:

Oooh thanks Cubegod! (and Norvman :p)

Yah… that wasn’t me who thought that up… that was Vick (VickyM72)… So give her some Big Glory there dude…

^^; You don’t need to thank me, I just gave you the same link that he posted above

Mmm, sorry about that ^^; (I posted that at 10pm after a lot of work, I was a bit too tired to say much more)
Although he should be able to tell who posted the instructions ^^

no sorry needed… just wanted to make sure Vick got cred wihere cred was due…

I’m sure getting alot of noise in some of my cycles renders… need to work on that…

Your cycles renders are awesome (I literally tried cycles out for the first time today) I can’t get any decent results :stuck_out_tongue:

(I literally tried cycles out for the first time today) I can’t get any decent results :stuck_out_tongue:

Keep working at it… gets way easier after to start to figure how it all works… My suggestion is go here…

go here and just start looking at the node trees and puting some stuff together… it won’t take long of playing around with it (by following other peoples node trees) until it all starts to click…

there are a handfull of nodes you will use all the time… if you can get those down and start to memorize where they are you will be off and running with it in no time and once you start using nodes… hey… you will never go back to doing it any other way…

interesting, I just get some rendering artifacts when using it (I can post a render if you think you know what it could be caused by)