Doris sketchbook

-thread icon

2 Likes

hey, Lovely horses and figures already.
Topology is fine, though you could a void some dense areas a bit. Like the eye, mouth… A loop less or something.
Think what will happen there after subdivisions. If it is about a low poly asset, it is fine. But. you’re going for something else.

thanks michalis. yes i see, i would get very dense there after subdivision. will see if the changes mess my uv completely, but if so, not that much work to repair again…

It won’t hurt your UVs.

Lovely sculpt, Doris, really like what you are doing here

Lovely work! :smiley:

good to know, michalis :slight_smile: thank you craig jones, and thank you too vicky, glad you enjoy :slight_smile:

Beautiful sculpt work Doris!

Very nice work, but I find the foreground horse’s head and neck look too feminine for a stallion.

Very nice work Doris, i never heard about the Horses of the Sun but found them called the Horses of Appolo on the Louvre website :
http://www.louvre.fr/en/oeuvre-notices/horses-apollo-groomed-tritons

thank yo nathan. yes, sanctuary, the marble version in versaille is the reference i use, i mentioned it in the dyntopo thread. in my art book they are called horses of the sun, and i liked that, and actually push the horses therefore to be more arabian like, trying to keep however the baroque forms…lol…i know it sounds crazy… i love this sculpture

and for the hades challenge in the dynatopo thread, my sketch:

looking great!

this is my final entry in the dyntopo challenge. clay render as requested, and composite render (cycles and photoshop)

1 Like

great work doris,as I already said.Looking forward to your next project.I prefer the clay render here,its the photoshop drop shadow that throws me off a bit.We should come up with a new topic.:slight_smile:

thanks ng, yes, you are right, if i get my hands on photoshop i often overdo…

i did charly as weekendfun. it was 2 days work. he has wonderful uv’s and is fully rigged, so he can take different poses too :slight_smile: … pure blender with the exception of vignette effect done in photoshop (plus one repair touchup where the hair penetrated the cap a little)… i hope you enjoy

2 Likes

amazing work doris,really love this one! lets some some uv’s please :slight_smile:

i’m inspired,I want to rig too,teach me :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome, as always.

Very good!!!
Some more work on ears perhaps.