Craig's 3d Sketchbook

Here is some of my doodles

Attachments

WOW,
SO glad we have a sketchbook.
Beautiful work Craig! Keep posting.

I tried to post some more, but the uploader told me my png’s weren’t valid - I think I’ll try again in a bit. Thank you michalis, I appreciate your compliment :smiley:

And a few of the veggies for the cheese dip

Attachments

Here is some older work = not that great, but I figured I should show something other than just space ships :smiley:

Attachments

Here si a helmet/mask combo for a character of mine

Attachments

Good stuff Craig! :yes:

Thank you, Vicky!

Great work Craig !
The helmet is rather impressive, great texture and materials on this render.

that one is still needing to be painted - I am cheating so far in that I am using box mapped image texture combined with dirt and cycles materials :smiley: I am grateful fo rth enew paint tools, since they will allow me to customize the surface much better than that render.

Update on the Dragon rider vehicle from my first post - yes, that is grape soda in the cup holder for my pal Derek. I’m just about past my limit of vertices that my graphics card will render, and I had to reduce the image textures in half so far, but I hope to optimize it further. This is for the close up shots, and the distance shots I want to make a low poly version that will pass enough muster, even thinking of rendering ortho shots of top, bottom, sides, front and back and painting them onto a very rough early version i still have.

Attachments

Really nice Mechical stuff…

thank you Norvman, I can do organic as well but haven’t gotten anywhere close to working on my project in a week or so :smiley:

thank you Norvman, I can do organic as well but haven’t gotten anywhere close to working on my project in a week or so :smiley:

welp… we can only comment on whatCha show dude… LOL!

I decided I need to take Derek’s advice and simplify the textures some on this - and I will still add a few more textures, but I will concentrate on the whole scene so I don’t lose clarity. I need to jump start my work on the female character that drives this, but I need to get some time away from work lol. The main material is two tileable images blended with a vertex color layer, and I used the face masking to paint different values to simulate plating. I need to add back a few lights, and rig the rest of this - but at least I got my render time back down to an acceptable level. I want to make the nest it lands into next, complete with fueling hoses and ladders, etc.

Attachments

Rarely have time for my own 3d anymore, but here we go, Merry Christmas!
and the blend is in my google drive here

Attachments

great sketchbook… i like the spaceships the most…

Thanks! They are my favorite to do, but haven’t had time to do more lately - but soon, very soon

Started following Masterxeon’s robot tutorials

Attachments

Retopo is on the menu

Attachments