xrg's 3D sketchbook (low-poly is best poly)

Junk from my blog.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-K76_LWcz1_g/USLggtq_qDI/AAAAAAAAAGY/bgcyYtmEqB8/s1600/idle.gifhttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3V4sd2FyOlk/USLgi0DctCI/AAAAAAAAAGg/EpZxCtJH1z8/s1600/mytoss_walk.gif

Attachments

1 Like

Love that little guy, should be a kids book and accompanying 3d game just with him

make MOAR!!!

looking forward to more of your 3d art.

LOL,
Wonderful. Love it!

Seen it before, but just as a reminder, love the style and work xrg :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing recent efforts :wink:

Great animations,very fluid!

Cool stuff…

Very cute junk!

Nice junk! :smiley:

I very much like the animation on the little guy.

Looks great man :smiley: I love the smooth animations for this little guy!

Thanks for the comments and stars!

Here is a simple Companion Cube I’m using to try to learn Cycles with.

Still amazed by your texturing talent

That kid character look really nice, was it a random project or was it a character featured of some game/movie/etc… ?

Nice!:yes:

He was just something to learn the rigging and animation tools in Blender really. He’s a character I invented a long time ago, and was mainly used so I wouldn’t have to spend much time creating model sheets. I’m lazy basically :wink:

He had about the right level of complexity for what I felt I could handle rigging/animate. Not super complex clothing and hair, but still had some fun things to animate like the dangling helmet straps.

It may not be complex, but in my opinion it’s a very well designed character, because just looking at it you can nearly imagine a story, sign that the character is charismatic.
The animation helps too , you did a great job.

good job, love the little boy.

I made a video; may as well use it as an excuse to post. :spin:

That was really cool to watch. Shows me I’ve got much more to learn :slight_smile:

Nice video. Nice presentation.
I’m after to make some tuts for newbies. Unfortunately LOL
We are addicted to this blender development thing.
How to teach newbies… Still wondering how.