NAD C 715 DAB receiver (Cycles)

My second real project that I’ve ever finished in blender.
Again I learned a lot and got some really great help from this community, and I would have been able to complete this one without the help. So thanks a bunch to all those who helped out in my WIP thread :slight_smile:

Modeling time: Waaay too long!
Material creation time: Too long again, but I’m getting better.
Render: In Cycles, 2000 passes in about 30 mins for #1 and #3, and about 14 mins for #2.
GFX cards: GTX 480 and a GTX570.

The speakers in the last one are the result of my first project, and I though I would unite them in one render.

I hope you like the renders, and please dont hold back with c&c.

Have a nice day all :slight_smile:

And here is a reference image for you guys. This one is the non-DAB version though, so the text layout is a bit different and a logo is missing, but other than that is should be the same as the DAB version that I’ve made:

For those interested in how it was made, here is the link to the WIP: http://www.blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?292166-NAD-C-715-DAB-receiver

Its the Xbox One :wink: Looks really good! Your reference image also looks like a 3D render.

Thanks Peter18, I’m getting closer to my goal that is to reach “photo realism” in a render.
The reference is a photo though, but I see what you mean. Think it’s the quality of the picture combined with some bad PP.

Looks great. Just like all electronics :slight_smile: .
Could you share all so the render stettings for those pictures ??

Because i’m interested how fast it was on your render, and how much samples you used.

Olivierus

Thanks Olivierus :slight_smile:
I rendered it with 2000 samples, with a tile size of 512x512. It took about 30 mins on my GTX480 and GTX570. Is that what you mean by render settings?

Looks great :smiley: ! I got nothing bad to say :slight_smile:

This is really great work. You could add a little bevel on the edges of the front panel, it’ll make it look even better. But don’t expect too much improvement - your pictures looks too good for that :wink:

Thanks a lot to both of you, I’m glad that you liked it :slight_smile:

pawelsomogyi: Yes I could have done that to catch some reflections, but the real thing dont have that so I diddnt do it because I wanted my model to be as close to the real thing as possible.

Very nice! looking at what you can acheive makes me proud about the comment you left me…
I’ll be looking out for your work.

Thanks Ant1 :slight_smile:
I think I feel a bit the same way as you, because I really liked the work you showed in your render.