Michalis's watercolours and sketches

OK, I decided to join the club.
It says traditional and I’ll try to keep it this way.
A watercolour ~30 mins in front of the subject. After all it’s summer alright.

Ooo, nice tones :smiley: I like the texture as well

Really nice Michalis… love your usual exagerated forms, especially on teh guys face… and yet The postures are really nicely observed here.

love the woman on teh rights shoulder blade catching the light like that…

Personally I’m not a fan of “vignette” in water colour, preferring to crop in to a complete frame… not a criticism, just sharing a personal preference.

Oh, thank you,
I really love watercolours. My favorite medium.
OK another one, directly from the beach. The fat lady there… lol. What a figure.

WOW, again a beautifully observed one!

There’s such a “truth” to the musculature and poses… life study is so great sometimes!

You are fast with these, yet with watercolor I find I am so slow I can’t get the detail observed in time with people unless they sit still mostly :smiley:

I like your color pallet as well

wow these are fantastic, keep them coming

great, michalis! i never tried watercolor, maybe i should. it is certainly more fun than fighting buggy software… lol… you are a keen observer, your paintings show the same focus on essential as your sculptings. that is wonderful :slight_smile:

Now I feel the urge to go and have a bath at the sea.

Thank you all.
Too kind.

Now I feel the urge to go and have a bath at the sea.

haha that’s why I posted these two.
It’s the traditional topic. Traditional mediums and workarounds can take place under the sun, by the sea. A superiority against any digital medium. Please, don’t start using any ipad like medium now. LOL Not of good taste at all.

Watercolour as a medium. The right might be… the paper is the medium in watercolour painting. A well coloured pulp. Some may believe that we don’t use white (opaque) colour. This isn’t quite right. A grey tone is not a black tint. It’s a grey tint. (add a little white then but never make it opaque) (tip)
Another one.

Different paper (hand made very heavy and expensive), different technique.
The living pirate. (indeed)

nice one again, really can feel the warm and sun in this :slight_smile: (ah, i wish we had this, here is cold, we need heating and thick pullovers, and it is raining cats and dogs…) … haha, i tried with the ipad,but it is not pressure sensitive, so much for that… i am looking forward to see more of your series :slight_smile:

ah, i wish we had this, here is cold, we need heating and thick pullovers, and it is raining cats and dogs…)

haha
Now, if start envy you, what do you say?
Living in athens at summer shouldn’t be among your wishes. Now it’s fine ~29ºC, but a 37-44ºC for two months will make you think otherwise.

Great stuff, I’d also love to see pencil, I remember a really good face study from you with chalk/pencil if I recall correctly. Congrats!

This work is not for a forum like this. It deserves more :wink:

Thanks marco, I don’t even remember if I posted a pencil drawing.
Thanks Kostas, too kind of you, BTW, it is for a forum “like this” alright. It’s the first forum I feel at home.
OK a pencil(graphite) drawing for marco, my dog herakles. To ask him to stay in pose for more than a min is rather difficult. LOL

I understand totally about animals shifting around :smiley: Very lovely gesture lines, and I can already sense some personality there. These posts need +1 or Like buttons for each instead of just thread votes

Thank you Craig. This dog has a very strong personality, I wish I could capture it (who hasn’t…)
But he was a stray for long time and the best dog I ever had.

OK another one. You can find such ruined cars in deserted places, in every greek island. They served well and you can feel it.

I love this all! pencil studies are strong! the wrecked car is cool too… digging the flat tire… it looks so forlorn…

Your watercolor work is amazing.

Thank you Mike, xrg,
I love watercolours, it took me some years to understand this medium. Though, from the first time I tried it, I knew it, it was for me.
What I like most, there is a story behind all these watercolors. I still remember what was happening there.
Here, another one. The wind was so strong, it threw my papers, my colours, brushes, 10 meters away. Colours became a mud, everywhere. In a few minutes I translated them to a tree. This was all the time I had. The wind was blowing. You have to visit the aegean islands to understand what it means LOL