Can't open DNG files

Has anyone had success opening DNG files from Canon cameras? I would like to use them as textures but the best I get is the embedded jpeg :frowning:

Should I be converting them first? Really wanted to import natively.

Like these examples http://neumannfilms.mediafire.com/download.php?afvmv4qf3qadayg

Yes, you need to convert them since they are raw files. RawTherapee can help if you don’t have Photoshop. I tried to open the ones you linked, but Blender won’t recognize the raw format.

Also have a look at Digikam

Yeah I am running them through Raw Therapee, it even has batch and is portable :). I will look at digikam too, ta.

Just wondered if there was something that I was missing.

Nope, you are right on - if you try to open them with photshop, it even defaults to the Camera Raw gui to adjust settings and save out for image manipulation in photoshop.

I guess its a good thing I can’t open them in Blender as there is sooooo much wrong with the frames I get from lowly little 550D (t2i) that Blender would be hard pressed to fix half of it!

Noise, color fringeing, lens distortion. Did I mention noise (hello missing NR node where are you?)

HAHA, ouch! Yes, I do love setting up a preset in my raw file manager and running it on several frames - make sit easy once I’ve tuned it in.