ConceptCookie Fantasy Axe model (Clay+Wire)

So this is a small project I’ve been working on for about a month. I had decided to look through ConceptCookie’s list of free downloads and I saw the modelling sheets/references for a fantasy axe, and it piqued my interest. So I gave it a shot, and I had a LOT of fun modelling it. I posted regular updates on my DeviantART gallery, so for anyone curious, please check it out :slight_smile:

Without further ado, the renders:

Final poly-count in the viewport, with both the Mirror and Subsurf Modifiers enabled, is 236 856 faces. Actual model poly-count (since I only modelled one half) would be of 7403 faces. All hand-placed - and also not a triangle in sight, it’s all quads!

That’s it from me for now. I’m off to finish another mini-project, and then who knows? Might actually finish my Audi A5 :wink:

Wow,its really nice modeling

Have you heard of the Steam Workshop? That would be a great addition to the Dota 2 marketplace, maybe…

Beautifull Poly-flow you got in there.
I would move the lower extention of the blade little bit away from the handle - so its not on the way of a hand and it will play as a protection.
The handle could also be modified a little - to make it more practical, but it looks so freakishly cool just the way it is.
Overall design reminds me elvish style. Very cool
Nice work