Takes a very long time to get to the Blender file browser on Mac.

I have been having problems with this and even with the latest version of blender when I go to open a file it takes a very long time to get to the file browser.

Any ideas?

This is an iMac with core i5, 8 gb ram, amd radeon hd 6750. OS X 10.8.3.

Edit: It also takes a very long time to open blender.

Zach

I guess no one knows why it does this… Does anyone else have the same problem?

Zach

Only time i have experienced file browser lag is when i have disks that have gone in sleep mode and my bookmarks point to one of them.
They then spin up and everything is back to normal again.
Or when i have textures on a file station on the network and i’ve been logged out from that disk and the system re-loggin to it it can be a temporary lag.
Could that be the case for you?

Other than that i don’t have file browser lag.
I use Blender on several Macs (mini, iMacs and Pro)

Unfortunately my lag is every time I go to open a file or save a render.

One thing I did notice is if I go to do one of those things, cancel it, and then immediately try to do it again, there is no lag but if I wait longer than about 15 seconds, the lag is back.

Zach

Try do repair permissions on your HD.
Maybe there’s some cache needing deleting as well.
Is it only with Blender you get this lag?
And you use Blender 64 Bit version?

Yes, just blender and 64 bit version. I will ask the IT guy about the permissions.

Zach

Ah hah! I just had the same problem in Photoshop CS5. I guess its a problem with my computer and not blender.

I’ll let you know what I figure out (if I figure it out).

Zach

Ok, tried “repair permissions”. It didn’t work.

Zach

Hello everyone. I’m also having the same problem as zachboy82. I’ve also tried repairing the disk permissions to no avail. I’m also on Mac OSX 10.8.3 with 64 bit blender 2.67 version.

-Giorgio