YafaRay 0.1.5 for Blender 2.67 released

http://www.yafaray.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4543&g2_GALLERYSID=d18877d83a5ad69c737c8280497df68c
Shadow’s Work

YafaRay 0.1.5 is a key maintenance release which includes important improvements and fixes for long-standing issues such as sampling errors recurrence (black & white dots), a new vertex normal calculation method for better raytracing on high poly, improved materials behaviour and a better Blender compatibility.

Release Notes

Rodrigo Placencia (Darktide), David Bluecame and Pedro Alcaide (Povmaniac) are the main contributors to this important release. Thanks to Gabriele Ferreri (megasoft) and Jens Verwiebe for these build.

Be sure “Premultiply” is checked on and “Transparent background” off to get correct YafaRay backgrounds on the Blender compositor.

Please post your findings and scenes. We will post release notes as soon as possible.

NICE!! I’ve been waiting for a new addon for 2.67, and here it is and it’s even the next release! That’s awesome, thanks for some good news today :slight_smile:

Have you guys been doing any experiments with pynodes I’ve seen the Lux guys post a few things just curious?

Yes we will go that way sooner or later too.

Hey neat! Congrats on the new release!

Do I need to use the special graphicall builds on can I just install it on my normal mingw build somehow?
Edit: ah, nevermind, i thought it was a full blender+yafaray download :slight_smile:

Ty Alvaro.

Glad to hear news from Yafaray! Thanks for your work guys.

But to be honest, I must say I’m really waiting for a decent light cache feature, a fast and noise free renderer would be the only good reason not to render with Cycles…

Mac Ox build at http://www.jensverwiebe.de/Jens_Verwiebe/Software.html

Congrats guys! Nice to hear from you again :slight_smile: Thanks for getting the exporter up to 2.67!

Good job guys :eyebrowlift:

But where should i select “premultiply”?
0.1.5 - Blender official 2.67 - OS X 64Bit

Could someone explain to me what the main benefits for using Yafaray are? Is it meant to be used for something specifically?

It have more tricks like photon map and bidirectional sampling then Cycles, and can render some scenes much faster. Same for Luxrender, Mitsuba, many other tracers.

@Bloodwork It is more like Vray/Mentalray than cycles.

Try any unidirectional brute force pathtracer with indoor scenes being only lit by sky and sun through windows, then try it with Yafaray using photon mapping :slight_smile:

Is there a version for 64bit Linux or should I just use the 32bit? :confused:

Thank you !

Does it fully support Instances now ?

Kind regards
Alain

I pulled down Yafaray for Windows from the megasoft link above and placed it in the AddOns folder of the official 2.67 release. The AddOn panel still reports this version is 0.1.2 beta.

Is this an AddOn typo? Do I really have 0.1.5 or is the graphicall link wrong?

Attachments

Awesome! Can’t wait to give it a spin! I’ve been waiting a lot for yafaray to get some updates.

64bit linux build comming soon? :slight_smile:

regadrs
stefan andersson

I noticed the same a few days ago and downloaded 0.1.5 version from Graphicall

My guess is the megasoft78 graphicall link still holds 0.1.2. If you open up the AddOn and examine init.py you will see that is is versioned for 2.6.3.

So I wonder where the link is for the real 0.1.5 release?