Texture Paint

Hi, I am currently working on a tutorial for making an island. I’m going along just fine until I come to the part where I have to use texture paint. When I go to my option and click on it my view doesn’t change like the one in Blender does and I am unable to paint on it.

This is top view of an island and am suppose to paint ripples and such in the surrounding ocean texture.

Have you set your object to use the texture? It wont automatically use your created image, go to UV editor where your unwrap is located and select the image your painting on.

Yes Jeremy, I have the UV editor open on the left and my image on the right. I click on image…U…unwrap. Set size and color. Take image back to object mode and then to texture paint.

His is on the left. Pic too small to see where he was drawing around the image on right. As he did it showed up in the editor. Mine on the right didn’t change. I tried it again before posting and got the same results as before.

oops lol pictures bigger after I posted. Sorry

Did you set the shading to GLSL in the display panel?

If this is the first time you have accessed the UV editor in this project it was likely showing you the render result which you have to exit or when you go image/create new it wont be on your unwrap. I cant see the UV’s in your editor so that is lily the reason, unless its just because the image is small.

Edit: It could be GLSL but you would still see the editor update with the brush strokes.

The guy never said anything about GLSL at this point but I have watched ahead and believe he changed something to that later. Jeremy, that did the trick. How he did it with x out of the image in editor 1st I don’t know. He showed unwrapping 1st, then going to editor and X out and putting in new numbers and colors. I X out first then unwrapped and the texture paint window is showing perfect. :slight_smile: Thanks for the help and input Jeremy and NinthJake

Moved from “General Forums > Blender and CG Discussions” to “Support > Materials and Textures”