TV AD for sea side resort.

I would like to show you our (www.meggot.pl) first TV AD made entirely in Blender. Yesterday was the premiere so … if you are in Poland you will have the possibility to spot it on TVN24 and TVNmeteo through whole summer.

It took us (two people + one graphic designer) about two weeks to put it together and 37 hours to render in Full HD. We had some chalanges that we had to overcome the hard way, at the end of this post you will find some questions that we still can’t figure out.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

Models (except from lighthouse, beach basket, ring buoy, sand castle and icecream cart) thanks to:hotzst, effstops, BigMouse, Nodelete, InfameDavid, 3dregenerator, Mister_Sir, meta-androcto, gionavvi, flipkidh

Special thanks to moony for GPU renderable Soap Bubble material.

QUESTIONS:

1. When you have camera following the path and all the timing done. How to change the curves shape not changing the places where it should be in, on the curve. (as an example you can see the first zoom out and than the “stops” on the way. When I changed the zoom out loop, just a little, every “stop” point was out of it’s place. I understand why this happens - length of curve, question is how to override it)
  2. What is actualy being linked and what not? We were linking groups as suggested in Durian-Sintel “linked libraries” tutorial but we couldn’t find any

Attachments

Excellent job! Not only is the Blender part good, then entire concept and visual script is very good. Thumbs up all around!

Sorry, for commenting our own job but we would realy need the answers to our questions. Does anybody have any clue?

place57 - thank you for your kind words:)

This spot was accepted as competition spot for the YABC-2013 Polish Blender Conference in PPNT Gdynia, Poland, in June 1-2, 2013. More info about the event: http://polskikursblendera.pl/yabc2013/en