The day our creators abandoned us

Hi :slight_smile:

Took me quite a while to do this. It’s my second project I even dare to publish. I hope you like it :slight_smile:
This guy is almost completely done in Blender and Compositor, I just used Gimp for a little post work.
I couldn’t exactly decide which one I like more (color or bw) so I’m going to post both.

Edit: I guess it seems unclear to some people what this picture is all about. So I’m trying to clear things up a little :slight_smile:

I thought it would be interesting, if there’s some kind of ancient species that lives deep down in the oceans that is actually responsible for all life on this planet. At some point they created the dinosaurs but then for some reasons canceled the project. Probably because they were way too big^^
Then they created humans as an experiment but had to cancel them too eventually because they were excessivly ruining the planet. They took some of them back to the lab to find out what went wrong (and to have some fun with them^^). I hope it’s a bit clearer now :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time :slight_smile: cnc very welcome!

Chris

Great stuff! I love all the details (including the human on fire). You can tell it took a while and was well worth the effort!

Welcome to the forum. look forward to seeing more stuff.

I like it, I don’t really know what to make of it but I still like it. It’s neat how you added a lot of little details that yuo don’t see until looking at it for a while.

Are you entering this in the blenderguru competition? You would get pretty high up there.

Really love the style here. The image is super cool and you did a great job with all the lighting and colors. Amazing work!

@MonkMonk Thank you :slight_smile: Much appreciated!

@Mistah Figgz Thanks! I thought the intention was clear enough, but I guess I have to update my first post with some kind of description then :smiley: And no, I’m not entering the contest since I started this project way before the contest was even anounced.

greetings

@sml279 Glad you like it! :slight_smile:

Funny, interesting, nicely done. Good job Chris!

interesting… I don’t know what else to say :smiley:

Spectacular!!!

Thank you all for your kind words, it really means a lot! :slight_smile:

Wow love it. Definitely worthy of top row! BTW can you explain how you made the human “bulge” out of the cage like that? Were the bulges all modelled?

I love the story behind the scene and this is remind me of Bioshock.:yes:Very detailed and expressive nice work.

Great idea and story, I love the face expression of that human :smiley:

Amazing work! What does that note say?

I agree amazing work!
I LOVE all the detail and the style. One of the coolest pieces I’ve ever seen.

Wow, brilliant in absolutely every regard!

Technically the image is superb, really nicely done, but the visual storytelling’s kind of muddled.

Amazing work, I loved it, congratulations.

The composition… is very playfull + + + + +

Brilliant work i really love the story behind the piece of art!