Airshow Animation...

When I was working on the Aermacchi M346 simulator in Italy and had the chance to see the Frecce Tricolori performing with their old MB339 planes, the idea was born to create an airshow animation and give them a new aircraft :wink:
This is my first attempt. The model is based on a flight simulator model but was heavily reworked and debugged.
The wheel and ground textures and the trees are from cgtextures.com, the Frecce Tricolori textures were invented by me…
I have used Blender 2.66a with Cycles. Render time about 1 hour on my i5-750 CPU.

Attachments

The scale of the planes could change I think. Those cockpits are enormous making the plane a little longer than a station wagon. Would it be easy to get the cockpits 60 to 75% as long? Texturing, modeling, wheels: GREAT! I like the Italian swoop and colors. Don’t forget to add some “DO NOT STEP” “KEEP AWAY” “FUEL ONLY” sign details to push the reality even further.

Well, all surfaces of these models seem flat and artificial. You can get much more from Cycles!

If you are interesting how to set up a better materials and lighting for an airplane,
look inside this book:
http://airplanes3d.net/wm-000_e.xml, in its Excerpt III: “Materials and Textures”.

I hope that it will allow you to create a stunning, realistic animation!