Hornet Vespa Velutina

Hi

I don’t like this insect but shapes and colors are so cool

All the steps to create this image on a timelapse

Bye

Damien

1 Like

Excellent…no other words…five stars from me…

Superb! Wonderful work.

wow! this is awsome. great,clean modeling. and the video is very cool too. the only thing i don`t like that much are the eyes…

Absolutely stunning work

The wings seem to be too solid for a realilistic bee. They need some translucence

stunning! great attention to detail - agree with the wing comment from thefake

One crit, coming from someone who looks at a lot of macro photography, is that the amount of blur on the background and the fly/flower don’t match.

If I go by the background, the focal blur on the foreground in a similar photo would be a LOT more, at least 5 times of what you currently have.
Either increase the blur on the foreground or reduce it for the background.

I also think the flower and fly sizes are disproportionate, but you know about that better than me.

The materials and the model are superb. In my humble opinion the only thing to improve to trasform this in a masterpiece is a more realistic “pose” of the flower and bee. For me the bee seems a little too much “in pose” or rigid I’d say. In other word add some chaos!!! five star anyway…

The modeling is stunning, but you should work a bit more on rendering and shading.

The bee and the detail is great! but the background and flower needs some work… is like the bee been photoshop into the picture instead of part of it

You wouldn’t happen to be interested in creating a tutorial series on this, would you?

This is stunningly beautiful. I am very impressed. So many great little details.

Fantastic.
The DOF has some issues and the wings arent transparent enough.
Still amazing though…
Here is a macro pic I took (i do mainly macro for my photography hobby) and you can see what I mean about the DOF.

Thank you all

Indeed it lacks more translucent wings.
The pose could be a little more dynamic too.
Colors as a bit too flashi i think.
I would do better next time.

Sorry for the tutorial but I do not have enough time to create. Maybe when I would be free

cu

Damien

Well done Damien - congratulations.

Thanks for the video too :slight_smile: Always interesting to watch the development of good topo

The surface detail is lacking a bit for a hyper-realistic insect closeup - as far as I could tell from a quick glance at the video you haven’t used any sculpting to create surface detail? And the surfaces are missing SSS - something for 2.67 ;-). The addition of both would take it to the next level.

Otherwise, excellent modelling.

Sir, this is superb!

I really love it, thanks for the timelapse specially!

This is really cool. Rather crisp-looking modelling. While it could do with tweaking of shaders/translucency/SSS/DoF as has already been mentioned for increased realism, it still has a high level of impact (especially that first impression seeing it in the feature row). Nice work! :slight_smile: