critical moments

Hi all,
your criticism is always good, then I submit to you my latest project.
I still have a little work, but before finish I would like your opinion on the composition of the image and probably has some details again.
Thank you.

It took me a few to figure out what was happening in this picture. I assume the guy is passing by as someone is attempting suicide?

The story therefore resonates and really gives instant power to it. Also, the fantasy setting really gives it an otherworldly feel, thereby distancing ourselves from the real world sufficiently that it doesn’t hit home too much and fall prey to all the trappings that causes (real world politics, disagreements, etc…)

Do you think you’re going to add more landscape in the distance, however? I’m kind of on the fence about the salt flats concept, however, it does lend to the arid harshness of the topic under consideration pretty well, too, so may be a pretty sound artistic decision on your part.

Keep it up. =)

Dan

I like it overall, my only concern is that it’s really hard to tell what’s going on. I feel like you’re trying to tell about 3 different stories with one image, and they’re all blending (pardon the pun) together. I don’t know what that trench is for, I feel like the image is complete without it. Like the people though, nice looking. The stone texture looks a bit flat, but better than most I’ve seen still. And the sand seems to stop quite abruptly at the base of that plateau, would like to see a more gradual fadeoff. Interesting image to say the least however.

Daniels J, I’m sorry, but the machine translation does not allow me to understand your comment. I do not see any connection with the suicide.
I think add some details in this scene. I have an idea for a device towed by kites.
I understand that reading the image is not clear. I think to fix this.
Thank you for your criticism.

The history of this scene is simple. The tree is kept alive thanks to the pool water. But this pit is dry …

I don’t follow, how does the tree stay alive with water from the pit if it’s up on a giant stone plateau? And if that’s the story, what’s up with the bridge and balloons, and the people? See where I mean that I just feel like too much is going on?

Ah! I see now. Sorry, I saw the guy sticking his head in a giant pipe at the bottom of the screen and assumed the worst! Guess I was having a bad day. Sorry. =D

Life is beautiful …smile

I see that the tree is starting to wither towards the top. Very nice touch.

Thank you for the comment. But I think a change history …
I think … I think again, I turn around like a dog before going to bed, but I do not give up. Seriously, I work with several changes and in a few days I will introduce a new version.

Beautiful work!

Beautiful picture, I must say. The only thing I could think of to critisize is the white landscape. It’s so white I can’t see detail. Or is it meant to be vague? But again, nice work you’ve made!

Thats a nice work, it remembers me about the game “Riven”. One hint, the sky could need a bit more grey than blue.

Hi all,
here is an update, I still have some details to finish, but I’m close to the final version. This update changes the story, but I am in the mood Wanted (image a little burnt by strong light). I’ll have to change the title.
My inspiration has perhaps come from “Myst and Riven,” I loved these video games.

Great artistic image here!

Most of all I love the composition… very strong!
The only critique is about the sand. I think a more yellow/orange tint would help the image. It would contrast with the sky.

I think this is a definite improvement without the people. The sand seems like a salt desert. Like where they race those extremely fast cars and bikes. Also the water helps convey your ideas for the image.
P.S. Is that a rubber duck in the water?

IMO the desert sand looks too bright.

However, I like the piping around the rock tower (or mount or whatever that is called). The whole image is reminiscent of games like Myst, with floating bridges and mysterious mechanics. The piping just adds even more of that feel. I can’t help but wonder what those pipes are plugged to, and what the system does…

Another note: when looking closely, the tree’s trunk looks a bit squarey.

Yes, it is buoy duck.
Obviously the white desert is not appropriate, so I’ll do a test sandy desert, to see …
For the tree trunk, ok, you must add a higher resolution.
On the pipe, it’s like the game, you have to look … (but do not break your head).

Although the artwork is great, and the modelling fantastic (I personally also like the white sands of the desert), it’s still difficult to understand the story behind the picture - without you saying that it was the pool supplying the tree with water that’s running dry I wouldn’t have guessed that.

Maybe it’s to do with the camera angle? The floating walkway (which is awesome by the way) take up 2/3 of the image, with the tree / pool taking up the other 1/3, so your eyes are immediately drawn to the bridge, and then to the tree, and then you see the pool.

I’m not sure how you could fix that though…

Hey… No more updates? Come on Triboulet!