In Flight

Here is my latest work, In Flight.

Rendered and Composited in Cycles at 200 samples.

Update

I’ve improved the eyes as well as added more glossyness to the ladybug.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Simple, elegant and beautifull

Oh would you mind sharing the .blend? I’m curious on how you achieved it.

Anyway this is going into my wallpapers list.

Looks great! Especially at full resolution, awesome stuff!

Great looking render. :slight_smile: I love the insect model as well as the fur détails on the plant and the water drops. It is amazing. But imo there should be more glossyness on the bug, especially on the wings and Id like to see it a bit more sharpper. I also think that some grass blades will add just a little bit more realism to it. :slight_smile: Other than these minor things, its a great looking render. Good Job.

Awesome render.
The dispersion and caustics in the water drops are great.
congratz

Great work mate :slight_smile:

I would also like to see a video of that if that is possible :D. That will be the awesome and awesomest :slight_smile:

Simply beautiful :slight_smile:

Great work…

Great work! I think that there could be a bit more fine detail to the beetle (to match level of detail on your macro stem). You might want to play with some tasteful particle hair on the beetle. Also, as mentioned above a higher level of glare/gloss on both the beetle and drops of dew would make the image ‘pop’ a bit more.

Again, great work!

Nice!!! high realism in the photo!

Maybe you can add some more detail to the eyes as in this picture:

Nice work. 200 passes? You mean 200 samples? Really? It looks a lot more than that, why no artefacts?

@zzero101 I agree. Unless I am wrong about what passes are, that’s not very many samples for a picture. How’d you get it to be so great?

Plus, it’s a epic render.I have Lady Bugs crawling around my house so I generally don’t like them, but your pic makes them look good! :stuck_out_tongue:

@zzero101
Yes, I meant 200 samples.

@thehorseman007
I might give that a go. :slight_smile:

Hello new wallpaper. Very nice render, and as a blender noob I am also very curious as to how you got such a beautiful image with only 200 samples. Don’t tell me there is a magic “Beautify” button I’ve missed in the UI.

Great! What? only 200 samples?
What’s your secret?

I love the soft colours in this and the composition is good - I do agree, though, that the lady bug needs more specularity.

I’d like to know how you did your background. Are there any unfocused/blurred objects in the background? Is it just 2D?

awesome!!
the motion blur give the real flight to the scene…!!

2.66 splash screen?