Simple Material Manager (addon)

I’ve created this little utility and wanted to share with you.
Maybe it will be useful for someone.

It would be good to have some screenshots…

yes this addon is very simple but can be useful. Just 3 buttons:
1 remove all materials
2 single material for all
3 remove unused materials

Especially if you were testing various rendering engines…

does this remove “orphan materials” in the file?
im guessing that’s what the “remove unused” does…

remove all materials work on multiply selection objects?

Yes, this option does remove the materials not used.

does not take into account the selection. Removes all materials in the current scene

Updated button 2 code. You can redownload it.

Very usefull, @ofuscado! Thanks you very much!
Byby
:eyebrowlift:
Spirou4D

New update:
https://github.com/zebus3d/varios_blender/blob/master/simple_material_manager_addon.py

changelog

Buttons:
0 option to respect with the fake user for button 1
1 remove all materials in current scene.
2 added button “Untie materials slots” What it does is “decouple” the slots of materials for: “all objects in the current scene” or “selected objects from the current scene” without removing any material.
3 “Single material” does is apply a new single material to: “all objects in the current scene” or “selected objects from the current scene”.
4 remove unused materials in all scenes.

Last updated. I have no plan to further modify more this addon, I think I have enough to be useful. If you are interested in this addon, you might want to re download the latest version: https://github.com/zebus3d/varios_blender/blob/master/simple_material_manager_addon.py

Buttons:
0 option to respect with the fake user for button 1 and 4
1 remove all materials in current scene. If any selected objects, affect only selected objects, else affect to all objects.
2 added button “Untie materials slots” What it does is “decouple” the slots of materials for: “all objects in the current scene” or “selected objects from the current scene” without removing any material.
3 “Single material” does is apply a new single material to: “all objects in the current scene” or “selected objects from the current scene”.
4 remove unused materials in all scenes.

Exelenteee…

Thanks you very much!
I’ve been a great help

saludos

It’s a really helpfull addon.
A small feature request, can you add the same thing but for texture.
I make an addon that generate a lot of material and texture, if you can add delete unused texture it would be great else I have to make it.
Thanks

I could get this if it where posted someplace as a zip file or a .7z file. copying and pasting code from a browswer window is problematic for windows users because 3 times out of 10 the code copies as one long line without line feeds or formating.

Second Post.

Got it I had to turn on RAW at github then copy and paste it into Notepad++ then save to the addon directory

Never happened to me.

Yes… It is an interesting option, I’ll have to investigate.

Copy it in raw mode is a good idea for Windows users the same happens to them.

@afuscado; great to heard that. Thanks

Hello, I installed it, but it does not appear in addons list… :confused:

Make sure to copy the entire code and in the appropriate directory.
When I have more time I’ll have to investigare what of the textures.