Ton's Holliday work in action ( Video by Sebastian Koening)

Awesome :slight_smile:

Thanx To, and sebastian for the video :slight_smile:

Very impressive, lots of very usefull things there.

Very smexy indeed

… it’s the small things

that region overlap was how it should have been from the start! :smiley: neat.
it’s like Tons last vacation, he did that drag-n-drop functionality which also was small things that adds up to something really really useful and wanted.

I think he have to go often in holiday!!!

make a video with all the features :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I like fade in fade out menus.real nice.

The great thing about the new side bars that is not apparent in the video is that they can be transparent and you can see the 3D view and the buttons composited over it. Ultra cool!

Great to have copy / paste in Blender, a few decades late but anyway… :stuck_out_tongue:
Also really like transparent panels, but now it is more easy than ever to accidentaly move cursor around… maybe it’s time to improve keymappings also?

That is some very slick stuff indeed, looking at the smooth fade-in/fade-out effects.

If Ton is able to do these sort of cool things on his holiday trips, then perhaps he should take them more often, imagine all of the cool enhancements that could be added to the UI along with the workflow for the remainder of the 2.6 series. :wink:

glad that Ton is aware and is fixing the new,
userpref.blend and startup .blend issues…

http://www.miikahweb.com/en/blender/svn-logs/commit/52968

and

http://www.miikahweb.com/en/blender/svn-logs/commit/53011

miikah, i like your website. BTW.
I really should start using irc. :smiley:

Adding, removing and resizing the panels without reframing the 3d perspective is wonderful, especially since it doesn’t mess with Cycles preview renders. Great upgrade, and it’s immediately my new standard setting.
But - I’d prefer the fading to be optional. Personally I don’t like that kind of artificial eyecandy-lag, and I’ve never really seen it anywhere else in Blender.

Awesome! Thanks a Ton!! :wink:

Semitransparent toolbars I like, but honestly the fade in/out is a little tacky :stuck_out_tongue: I suppose the fadetime is customizable?

With BrilliantApe on this one; I’m guessing the sliderbars is a similar trick to what Ubuntu uses with compiz; some systems aren’t that friendly with it. Fading is nice and functional though for sure; Blender does tend to end up with a lot of windows and toolbars.

I like the viewport AA

Great changes from Ton.

But one many times repeated here and I dream of some day to come true is:

• If you press Ctr+Q a message appears asking if really you want to quit blender. Thanks to god because probably I didn’t want to quit blender.
  • If you click on the button to close the window top right red X in most operative systems. Blender disappears and kills of heart attack to the newbies that don’t know about the copy that is saved when closing.

So to have more newbies alive, please ask also if we really want to quit blender, when clicking the X window button!!!

53033 N and T panels become transparent

agreed,its just a standard thing that should be there,“save before quit?” etc.

Nice…

Bao, I believe there is already an option to turn on the close confirmation dialog.