Blender Top 10 Pages (magazine)

hi,
i like to publish blender news, tutorials, addons, gallery etc in PDF format weekly or monthly basis, it depends on your support.
The objective of this magazine is,

• providing blender developments news.
  • Questions and Answers related to blender.
  • Collection of best web tutorials.
  • Tutorial / Tips and tricks from Artists
  • Material node setup
  • Addons tutorial / features
  • Blender test results from development branch.
  • web gallery (collected from blenderartists and blendercookie) and personally any one can submit.
  • what you like to add?
  • what you like to add?

And the issue contain only TEN PAGES.

if the issue is published in weekly basis all articles /tutorials/gallery images/everything need to submit from monday to saturday, and the issue will published anytime monday to wednesday.

if monthly basis means already blender art magazine is available. i like to publish in weekly basis.

what you are thinking please tell your valuable suggestion.

Note : i need to get permission from blenderartists and blendercookie, if the articles, images are used from that sites.

its alot of work.

even at only 10 pages,
i think doing it weekly would be pretty tough.(not saying you couldn’t)

just getting all the submissions having the timelines etc…
bi-weekly would probably be the fastest… i would aim for…
or once a month… and make it 12 pages :smiley: 12pagesx12months = Gross :smiley:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gross

noun 11. a group of 12 dozen, or 144, things. Abbreviation: gro.

10x12=120… hmmm see that just doesn’t do it… :rolleyes:

Maybe call it “The Blender Gross”
artwork on the cover could have interesting art work
(mostly “gross” looking things :wink:
sometimes things rendered in 144 duplicates.(you know have fun with it)

seriously though…
you would probably be better off making a webpage and just posting tuts on there.
if you make some good ones people here have no problem spreading
the word about new places to get tuts from,
and with the webpage you kinda can do more things…
(you can have video tuts on there if you want too) etc.

I don’t mean to discourage, but think about it. With a weekly schedule and 10 pages, it means preparing more than a page of text every single day. It’d be a tremendous effort. Quite frankly I don’t think there’s that much happening in the Blender world. And tutorials are time consuming to create in written form, and mostly come as videos these days (a trend I don’t much care for personally, but still…), so you won’t be able to just ask for permission to put them in your publication.

@ @holyenigma74 i know its hard to publish every week, but what i think if collect the tutorials/tips for one month, suppose 10 artists submit their work means, i will publish 10 weeks of magazine, and continuously collecting tutorials we can able to publish every week. its all from team work.

I think counting on 10 artists to submit their works is a long shot. Artists are busy people. Well, the good ones are. At least until you gain some renown, you’d pretty much be on your own.

1. other software news. like render engines
  2. cool things-tips and tricks in blender

I know you’ve already mentioned the BlenderArt Magazine as being a monthly option. It’s every two months, but that’s a bit beside the point.

If you think you can manage a weekly thing then I’m sure some people would welcome it, but I must agree that it sounds like a huge amount of work. Even just finding the artists to contribute or getting permission to collect articles or artworks that are already on the forums, blogs and so on.

I know it can be a lot of fun to start something on your own. However, do you have a reason other than making something weekly that you don’t want to help out BlenderArt or Blendernation? Just seems to me like it would be a huge amount of personal work when there are teams already helping each other out with the same sort of thing.