OpenColorIO errors, I cannot build latest Blender svn

Hi

I am having heck of a time with building Blender now due to OpenIO libs. I have followed the scons, cmake tuts on Windows. I have all the libs and the Blender code base. But I am not able to pass the stage below.

I created a user-config.py that tries to disable most libraries including the opencolorio. It does not help my case. I see that OpenColorIO folders are present in the mingw and windows libs.

So at this point I ran out of my options and I am looking for some expert insight here.

I am under Win7 64 using Mingw.

scons: C:\DEVBUILDS\Blender_MinGW_Scons_32\build\lib\winresource.o' is up to date. scons:C:\DEVBUILDS\Blender_MinGW_Scons_32\build\lib\libbf_intern_audaspace.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\DEVBUILDS\Blender_MinGW_Scons_32\build\lib\libbf_intern_string.a' is up to date. scons:C:\DEVBUILDS\Blender_MinGW_Scons_32\build\lib\libbf_intern_ghost.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\DEVBUILDS\Blender_MinGW_Scons_32\build\lib\libbf_intern_moto.a' is up to date. scons:C:\DEVBUILDS\Blender_MinGW_Scons_32\build\lib\libbf_intern_memutil.a’ is up to date.
scons: C:\DEVBUILDS\Blender_MinGW_Scons_32\build\lib\libbf_intern_iksolver.a' is up to date. scons:C:\DEVBUILDS\Blender_MinGW_Scons_32\build\lib\libbf_intern_itasc.a’ is up to date.

Compiling ==> ‘ocio_impl.cc’
In file included from C:\DEV_SOURCES\blender-svn\lib\mingw32\opencolorio\include/OpenColorIO/OpenColorIO.h:38:0,
from intern\opencolorio\ocio_impl.cc:31:
C:\DEV_SOURCES\blender-svn\lib\mingw32\opencolorio\include/OpenColorIO/OpenColorABI.h:55:32: fatal error: boost/shared_ptr.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

scons: *** [C:\DEVBUILDS\Blender_MinGW_Scons_32\build\intern\opencolorio\ocio_impl.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

Just for the record for those who might have the same problem, you do need to compile the boost1.49 libraries. That seemed to help my above issue here

Strange, for me boost-1.51.0 version worked, but it has also to be compiled with blender, and linked properly.

I’m having a very similar problem, with Scons I get a successful build but when i try to open blender I get “Cant open blender because OpenColorIO is not found on your computer try reinstalling.” And with CMake I get the same message except it cant find python33_3.dll .

I have a very strong suspicion I’m missing something very obvious, like not linking something (cause at this point I don’t even know what that would mean).

I clearly have no idea what I’m doing, I’m just following what the blender documentation says. So what I have been doing is getting the source code and library, putting the windows folder that I get from the checkout into a folder labeled lib (as that was the only way it would even compile) then running either Cmake or Scons and then compiling the ALLBUILD file in VC++ express 2008. Is there something I’m not doing?

I’m using windows 7(64 bit) and VC++ express 2008 for a 32 bit build.

EDIT: Seems to work now, don’t think I did anything different though…