Lamborghini Aventador - XS Edition

Greetings all Blender Heads

It has been a while since I’ve posted anything until now. I have a little surprise for you all today, recently I’ve finished another internal personal project with the help of a friend of mine. Here is the final version of the Lamborghini.

The Project: Lamborghini Aventador - XS

A fully custom Lamborghini geared with a meaner bodykit overlayed with some gorgeous carbon-fibre parts and topped off with a striking Orange Metallic Paint. Fitted with a beautiful set of 7 Piston Vented Brake Kits and a reworked set of Xaltech Rims, coated in a sleek Matt Black and orange finish.

The Lamborghini is lastly rounded off with some custom number plates and a few stickies to hint at what is under the hood off this machine. Twin turbo, Super Charged V12 engine has been reworked to compliment the exterior and interior finish in Matt black and Red-Orange Metallic paint. Bigger rims, meaner engine and a Sick exterior styling, makes this Lamborghini Aventador a one of a kind.

Comments and Critique is welcome!

Official HIgh Quality Images can be found on my deviantart account here:

http://alphaprimesaviour.deviantart.com/gallery/27027405

Rendered with Blender 3D 2.63a (Cycles CPU Rendering)
Adobe Photoshop CS3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204611[/ATTACH]

1 Like

Hey Xelus

Looks really cool, but is there any chance of seeing larger versions of the individual images in the first attachmenr?

Dats nice!

@kettlefish check this out http://alphaprimesaviour.deviantart.com/gallery/

Ah, cool thanks.

I didn’t think to check the links in his sig, DOH!

Greetings to everyone here, well I’ll be releasing some “Clay Renders” soon, and if I can, some wireframe rendered images. Glad to know you guys like it, so far my best work to date. ^^

looks really nice! great job
looking forward to seeing wires

Hoping to get the clay renders and the wire renders done soon, then I’ll upload them for you guys to see. ^^

Greetings blender heads

As per request here are some Clay renders of the scene as well as some raw screenshots of how I built my scenes. :smiley:

Enjoy.

You can find the official High Resolution versions on my Deviantart Account here:

Clay Render Poster
http://alphaprimesaviour.deviantart.com/art/Lamborghini-Aventador-XS-Poster-CLAY-RENDER-340459068?q=gallery%3Aalphaprimesaviour&qo=0
Final Composition Poster
http://alphaprimesaviour.deviantart.com/art/Lamborghini-Aventador-XS-Poster-340229171?q=gallery%3Aalphaprimesaviour&qo=1

Highway Scene Overview
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204801[/ATTACH]
Ah the highway scene. Unlike the Slat Flats scene, this one took way longer with 10 times more detail added to it.

Initially starting off with only the road, the scene quickly grew into what is seen in the final render. Creating the mountain face off of an image and using tessellation to create the mountain “roughness” look was the way to go.

All the models were designed on site, the guardrails, concrete barricades, the whole scene. Most of the scene was built using one instance of all the models and using an array modifier to copy the models the exact same distance from each other in order to create the highway feel.

The road was designed to look as if it was made in segments, thus adding to a more realistic feel to the road, using a 4096 x 2048 custom texture, I made a high quality version normal map to compliment all the details in the overall scene.

Barricades are using a 2048 x 2048 custom concrete texture that was layered with multiple different textures using Adobe Photoshop. Final composition was done using Photoshop as well as basic lighting entities within the original scene to create a more aggressive and realistic theme.

The scene overall is lit with 2 sun lamps, one of which having a slight yellow-orange color, and the other a slight blue-ish color for the shadows. These were soften out with the samples on light shadows, one light was sharp and the other a lot softer.

Finally, a more realistic reflection was added using an HDRI image on a ball that was around the car but not visible to the camera, only visible in reflection. This added a more realistic look to how the environment was bouncing off of the car and added a more convincing lighting feel on the car, creating a rim light that gave a better reflection of the blue sky.

Hope to everyone who wanted to know how all of this was done gave you a bit better understanding of how it was made.

Salt Flats Overview
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204802[/ATTACH]
For those who wondered how my scenes looked like, here is an in depth look at how I built the scenes.

This scene was pretty basic, using a half sphere to create the sky, I modeled a salt Flats tile off of an actual photo and after words tessellated it to look more realistic and have some depth.

I used an array modifier to tile the floor far enough so that when the camera was near the floor, the depth of the mesh was visible.
Clay Render Poster
[ATTACH=CONFIG]204803[/ATTACH]

Wireframes will be uploaded soon! Stay tuned. Critique and comments are more than welcome! :smiley:

Very impressive and well done making it into the gallery! im sure youv inspired many people! keep it up

Critique? Damn, You’re killing me =)

i like it, but your carbon fiber texture is a little bit big and is stretching in a few areas

Thanks, as for the carbon texture, still had some issues with UV Maps and couldn’t quite decide which size the carbon fibre should be on the car. XD Thanks for the comment and critique.

As for all the comments, thanks everyone, it has been a painful 3 weeks of working at least 10 hours a day in getting this baby up to this point. I will be releasing some wireframes in the future, but as for now, hope the above images are good for you guys to get an idea of how everything came together. Blender 3D forever!

Another update for everyone.

I was asked to create wireframe renders of the car as well as the environment. So finishing up the rendered images, I decided to officially release them here as I know there is a lot of you guys wondering what the wireframes look like for this car.

Well it is finally here. You can view the full size image at the link below.
http://alphaprimesaviour.deviantart.com/art/Lamborghini-Aventador-XS-Wireframe-340797470?q=gallery%3Aalphaprimesaviour%2F26189593&qo=0

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205070[/ATTACH]

Awe bro!
I am also South African!
Excellent work.I am proud, brother :’)

So sexy…

Thank you very much, its great to see another South African Blender User.

Keep on Blending!

On a side note:

I’m truly honored to announce that the Lamborghini Aventador - XS has won the “Render of the week” December 3 2012 on www.blendernews.org This has been the biggest event that has ever happened to me regarding my work.

Thank you to everyone here on BlenderArtist that taught me so much about blender 3D. Even though I might have never posted any replies on the forums, I did, and is still learning from you guys, thank you to everyone.

Kind Regards

Ettienne (Xelus)

BlenderNews.org thread

http://blendernews.org/xe/index.php?mid=Feature_Articles&category=716&document_srl=2935

Just shows that you can achieve anything if you put enough time and effort into it. :RocknRoll:

Agreed, this is the longest I’ve ever worked on one car. But it was well worth all the effort in the end. As for now, here is some development renders I did in the 2 weeks I worked on the car, enjoy. Comment and critique is more than welcome. :slight_smile:

Full resolution image can be found at the link below:

http://alphaprimesaviour.deviantart.com/art/Lamborghini-Aventador-XS-Test-Renders-Poster-340998871?q=gallery%3Aalphaprimesaviour&qo=0

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205234[/ATTACH]

It only took you two weeks? :spin:

Just gorgeous work :slight_smile: