The Opel GT

.png with full quality available here

Hey,
I’ve been making this car for a wile. Some of you may know it and/or been following the Epic WIP thread :evilgrin:
I don’t consider the car it self finished, but this render somehow turned out cool so this one it is Finished.
If you want to share the image please fell free to do so, but also please share it as it is, at least the awesome HDRi background image people are very clear about the need of having their credit well stamped on the image (and they deserve it :yes: much of the realism are thanks to it).

Ho! And if you know places where I can send the image please leave me a note, I don’t know much.
So, what you guys think?

Edit:
Gold version (following received feedback):

6 Likes

Just wow. Amazing work sir. I have been following the wip thread for ages :smiley:

Thanks for the compliment and for been keeping an eye on the development darkleemar!

Just amazing ! Very good job. Love the car, environment … Wow !! :slight_smile:

Let me start by saying this is hands-down the best car model on this website ! Your patience in getting every detail right amazes me…

Why did you make this model? what are you planning on using it for? early on in the thread you said it needs to be ready for animation and HD video - What type of film are you making with the car?

Awesome!good works bro.

9/10

Pros:

Great modelling, materials, scene.

Cons:

As a fully grown man, it makes me look at my own work and want to cry.

So work on the last point and you’ve got a 10 :wink:

Best car rendered in cycles ever.

The lighting is only from the hdr or is there some other light in the scene?

Why did you make this model? what are you planning on using it for? early on in the thread you said it needs to be ready for animation and HD video - What type of film are you making with the car?

Haa! :slight_smile: That was something I would say when I was an ignorant fool, with 3.5h by image it would take allot to make a video.
It was initially intended to be on a movie yes, but now its just for learning purposes, it’s for the next car modelers have something to learn and beat I guess.

The lighting is only from the hdr or is there some other light in the scene?

It’s just the HDRi yes :yes: But this is not any HDRi, this is some serious HDRi :evilgrin: the best I’ve seen, and I did tested several from other places. This is the free sample, that they require the printed credit on the image.

Cons:

As a fully grown man, it makes me look at my own work and want to cry.

Hehe very cool comment :smiley:

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

wonderful! 15* and gallery!

:slight_smile: Thanks ctdabomb! The gallery!? That is something like this for me:

Replace “The Grid” by “The BA Gallery” :evilgrin:

Nice render. I think the glass shader on the headlight glass needs more reflectivity.

Very nice!! How long to render?

@GodOfBigThings:
It’s a photo taken with a circular polarizer filter XD (see the cellphone glass on link)… but yeah! :slight_smile: Even if it probably is physically correct considering the lighting or would be possible to take such photo, one would expect it to be more reflective :yes: You’re right and will have that in consideration next time.

@Luther2s:
Thanks! It took 3.5 hours to render.

Wow!! So your computer should be better than mine! My last 3 renders took between 3 to 5 hours. :spin:

The PC that rendered this image is a Laptop with a intel i5 2,53Ghz 2cores + Hyper threading on Ubuntu

Congrats, Gallery! and featured on the BA Official FB page https://www.facebook.com/blenderartists

Thank you very much! It’s my first work that made it to BA gallery, it means a lot to me.

Spectacular render!!! I have this sudden urge to hop in and drive away. While the tires look good, the wheels may need a little work tho.

Thanks! But what do you consider to be the issue with the wheels?