Blender Voxel Branch proposal

I was just wondering why Blender doesn’t have a branch designed to get voxels into Blender.

Everyone thinks about 3d-Coat when they think of Voxels, but Zbrush uses them as well…

"ShadowBox objects are based on ZBrush’s Unified Skin technology.
This technology uses Voxels, combined with the Remesh All functions.
By changing the Remesh All settings, you will affect the quality (and results) of the ShadowBox object.

http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/ShadowBox

the voxel to me seems to be the best way(along with a skin which we now have via dyntopo)
as well a remesh, so…
other than Blender lacking an Auto-retopo(which i think would be cool to have as well,
at least something close to what 3d-coat can do)

just wonder what you all think about voxels and such.

I think we dont need this kind of feature is too much related to sculpting softwares (imo)

priorities are others.

I’m not sure of the exact terminology of the word voxel. But if we’re calling shadow box voxels, then i suppose blender already has voxels with the remesh modifier.

A branch is created when a developer that is interested in working on something requests it. There’s no point in creating a branch that nobody works on.

I don’t see the benefits worth the effort.
Shadowbox is there in ZBrush as one way to create a simple base mesh. Blender has much better tools to create these types of objects and if you wish to use a similar workflow as shadowbox, addding and removing material from its orthographic views you already can in blender