First full-featured 3d-modeling software for Android tablets

http://www.scalisoft.com/icon.png
Spacedraw, an advanced 3d-graphics program, developed from scratch for multi-touch tablets and smartphones, is now available for Android!

It

• introduces novel ways of viewing, drawing & modeling
  • makes efficient and intuitive use of multi-touch and motion-sensors throughout
  • runs on almost any Android-device and adapts to any screen-size, -type and -resolution
  • is aimed at both professionals and novices

It covers

• drawing / constructing lines, curves and primitives
  • polygon- and patch-modeling
  • lighting, materials, texture mapping
  • 3d-painting

Available at scalisoft.com is

• a detailed feature list
  • a comprehensive user manual
  • first examples of what can be done with Spacedraw, as scene files with construction-history, and screencasts of the creation
  • a quick-start guide to take the first steps with Spacedraw

Spacedraw is available as a free, ad-free version that can freely be used with the only limitation that only scenes and models with up to 1000 vertices, and no undo-history can be saved to files.
A key can be purchased to remove this limitation for currently just $4.99

You can get it at Google Play, http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scalisoft.spacedraw

Please use this thread to discuss the program!

http://www.scalisoft.com/i1.jpg

really, you are really posting that? you do know that there has been much work in porting blender already, and it is far more feature rich. I really should be more open minded here but it just shows poor taste to promote your software here…good luck.

I see no problem with it. It’s a niche that Blender doesn’t currently fill, and seems to be different than the porting of the Blender Player.

I really don´t see a problem posting this here, sice Blender for Android is likely a ways off, I just think this is the wrong way to approach 3d creation on tablets. IMHO, a better approach would be a sculpting app (a la sculptris), or even animation, if done correctly.

I’m pretty sure it should be moved to the ‘Other Software’ forum…

That I would be fine with…not that it really matters, I’m here for blender news and discussion in general…the only thing that would deter me is some tech news…if I am looking for other software I will look at other sites…and I do, like most people.

Why all this hostility?

Considering the platform, I’m not certain to what extent the app can be used for “serious” work (which goes for the Blender port as well). But it’s always fun to find new uses for smartphones/tablets. I might try this later today on my friend’s tablet, as my GT-i5800 would barely handle this.

Good job! :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure it should be moved to the ‘Other Software’ forum…

I have been thinking about this thread’s placement. ‘Other Software’ as I currently understand it is more of a “Blender to Unity, Blender and Gimp, etc - having issues” support style section. Not an advertising section by any means.

While the original poster is welcome on these forums, at least some sort of interaction with the Blender community is advised. Posting an ad - even for a related (competing) cg product - and then leaving the thread to it’s own course is certainly not advised.

It’s basically spam.

So, an invitation for the original poster to come back and please use this thread to discuss the program, and if possible, how it might benefit a workflow with Blender.

thanks for all your comments.

As to how Blender, or Blender users could benefit from Spacedraw:

• The Blender-port could take up ideas from Spacedraw’s multi-touch interaction

• Blender-modelers may exchange their models between Blender and Spacedraw via .obj files, and make use of Spacedraw’s novel unique features, e.g.
    [LIST]

• the possibility to change the view while operating a tool (using 2, 3, or 4 fingers or by tilting the device) may actually makes operations like extruding or freely placing/rotating/scaling objects, so that they look as you imagine from all directions (see the flower-video), much easier and faster

• the diverge- and inflate-tools, producing manifold solids from nonmanifold meshes

• People interested in 3D-modeling, having no PC (yes, there are such!) may embark with Spacedraw, and then come to Blender
    [/LIST]

Interesting piece of software. Surprised by its features for an app. There is a little too much text there where there could be self-explanatory icons. besides that I think this is a very appropriate post.

Thanks Scalisoft. We get a lot of advertising style posts here, many of which are for completely non cg related items simply because of the amount of visitor traffic we get on a regular basis.

Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

I agree this is not even remotely blender related and it should go the “other software” section. Also nothing wrong with having a thread like this in BA , since its not interesting only how we use blender but also how we use it combined with other apps. But I don’t think its on the correct forum. But then staying here is no big deal either for me.

i use spacedraw and blender 3d. i been using blender for years and watched it evolve from a little pup. when i came across spacedraw on my android (and believe me i’ve searching everywhere for a 3d modeling app) i found a glimmer of hope for the android os. its alot like blender in many ways. i am thankful for spacedraw. i think the blender foundation can learn alot of things from spacedraw. especially the touchscreen features. god bless blender and god bless spacedraw.

I actually found an app that lets me use Blender on my tablet with touch screen features :stuck_out_tongue:

Check out Kainy, its a streaming app meant for playing your PC games on your tablet. The UI customization is what sets it a part. It takes a good while to setup for use with blender but it works. I have even managed to to use my phone and tablet together. My tablet is the display screen and touch screen, my phone (In controller mode) is my hotkey pad.

The app is $2, but for that you get blender on your tablet with the full capabilities of your PC.

Just search for Kainy.

I’m intrigued by the idea of blender on a smartphone, and spacedraw looks pretty capable, at least capable enough to compliment my modelling away from my computer. As for Kainy, is that a PC remote like Jump or Team viewer in which you are actually controlling you computer via an internet connection?

If so I already have Jump, if not can you use Kainy even when you have no net access, that would be awesome!!

I almost always have net access, but on the subway it dies between stations, so an offline net modelling app is what I really want.

Justin Barrett, excuse my ignorance, but what is porting, are we talking about Blender for smartphones, if so is that online or offline?

Either way mobile Blender would make my life wonderful. I’m seriously considering getting a Galaxy Note specifically for it larger screen and the in pocket #D modelling options it would bring.

So far spacedraw is the only real contender I’ve found to give me mobile 3D modeling on Android.

I have no specific loyalty to the brand or spacedraw, I just want to know the best options available.

As for Blender, Thank you to everyone associated with Blender and the very supportive Blender community for being here to bring me into the 3D universe :slight_smile:

Tim

we can advert our commercial programs in this forum?

“We” can not…

It would be better in other software, I tend to think of news as more blenderish. But I certainly don’t object to it being here. Getting my fix of 3d when no PC is close is always welcome.

Perhaps it belongs more in Blender and CG Discussion. It’s most definitely CG related, but Latest News tends to be about Blender & Blender projects. With that said, I don’t particularly mind it here. Just pointing out that the Other Software forum is, as pointed out earlier, more about problems going between Blender to said software.

Anything vaguely “CG related” gets thrown in to the Blender & CG forum though. There is, for example, a Modo thread in there today.

What is the reason to waste the money on a tablet instead on a laptop?
And why in a laptop instead of a desktop with some powerful GPU and lots of hard disks and RAM?