Can we add GLSL shaders to the OpenGL viewport render system?

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is any API support for adding GLSL shaders to built in OpenGL viewport system? The little clap board icon in the 3D vewport.

I thought it might be nice to try to add ssAO or ssGI to a viewport render.

I am also interested in learning how to bypass BI materials, and use fragment shaders directly in the OpenGL viewport rendering.

you could write a RenderEngine addon, that would allow you to render and preview (similar to cycles preview) even with a python script that renders the image - but not sure if progressive integration is possible for the preview.

Or maybe this is more what you want:
http://www.openshading.com/tutorial-2-glsl-to-osl/

Porting GLSL shaders to OSL, which blender supports!

@bashi, Thank you for the link, that looks promising. There might be a way to install a SSAO GLSL shader into the viewport after all.

After checking out the IBL Tools AddOn, I can not get the beta to work even if I drop back to Blender version 2.63 when it was coded. It just crashes Blender on my system.

it kinda works in 2.67…

but i need first set up the movie editor part - otherwise the 3d Viewport thing crashes here too…

It has some other errors too, some Environment Tex stuff - but the GLSL part did work (as said, after Movie Clip stuff)

have a look at the txt for the steps…

any news with porting ssao to viewport? or any other screen space shader?