Fire Flower

This particular concept was once chosen as the splash screen of Blender 2.62.

Initial scene was created and rendered in Blender 2.49 about two years ago, recently I decided to revisit and extend this scene to make a dual screen wallpaper.

High-resolution: click here

1 Like

This is a GREAT wallpaper. I remember seeing this as the 2.62 splash and it was hard for me to believe it was all made in Blender Would you be so kind to explain how it is that you created this fire effect? :slight_smile: It’s a great piece of art in my opinion and knowing the “secrets”(if you want to call them that), would be really cool.:yes: Excellent job!

i saw this and thought that this seems familiar and then i read about the splash :stuck_out_tongue: nice work.

Whoa that is plain awesome. Gallery!

this is one of the most amazing pieces of art I’ve seen in a long time!!

beautiful!!

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww…its grate

awsome effect love it

I think 2.62 its my favourite version only because of this image c:

congratulations! very beautiful

“This is a GREAT wallpaper. I remember seeing this as the 2.62 splash and it was hard for me to believe it was all made in Blender Would you be so kind to explain how it is that you created this fire effect? It’s a great piece of art in my opinion and knowing the “secrets”(if you want to call them that), would be really cool. Excellent job!”

No secret really… The render has a mixture of gradients and blend nodes with alpha mapped textures to achieve that wavy glowing effect on the petals. Very nicely executed I may add though…

Really, really stunning, well done. :slight_smile:

Just pure awesomeness as far as I’m concerned. Is that a mesh warp grid I see in one of the 3rd screenshot? I didnt know blender had those.

Holy crap! This looks too awesome :open_mouth:
Thanks for your node setup, it helps me to get into compositing a bit better. :slight_smile:

Cheers, Max

This looks terrific :smiley: I don’t know what else to say! You’ve just blown my mind with what you’ve done :slight_smile: Great Job!

One of the most beautiful and incredible things to I never see, made ​​with Blender 3D.

I’ll go to use that image as wallpaper: D

But for wallpaper, you’d have a picture (with only one flower) adequate for a screen size for a 18.5-inch? Please?

I have a question about the glare affect. When you animate the camera back the object gets smaller as you would want, but the glare stays the same size - if you pull the camera back far enough the object can disappear but the glare is still there.

My question is how do you get the glare affect to diminish along with the object as the camera moves back?

got one REALLY high res. like 3840x1080. would love to use it on my desktop

Just change the Treshold and Fade Value in the glare compositor manually

how was this made anyways? It’s blender internal but I have no idea how this is done >.>

impressing!