ARARES - 3D Strategy Game

new video
making in 20 day.

making in two day.

I’m surprised no one has responded yet, cuz this is really cool! Are the trees and rocks randomly spawned? Also, did you make it look so blurry, or was that just because of the video? Either way, it’s pretty awesome. Keep up the great work!

thanks for comments. video recorded with mobile phone

Yea this is looking pretty decent. Reminded me of Age of Empires workers. Keep working on this dude, looks like you know what your doing. Also maybe try and record with a screen recorder, or FRAPS or somethings next time. Its a bit difficult to see details with the video recorded with you phone.

But nice start.

Nice,
however I recommend you to spawn 10 or maybe 20 workers and see what will happen with the framerate. Blender GE is not very good at handling many rigged and animated meshes at once.
Just try to determine the max number of units before you go further.

It does look pretty good. In blender using animated sprites for large numbers of characters may be the way to go.
Otherwise you could try not using IK in the skeletons, and reducing polys as much as possible in the model.

I would use sprites as well. If done correctly and if you don’t rotate the screen, 2D sprites can look 3D.

If you’re still going to use models I recommend that you use less bones and vertices on the character because you may have many of them walking around…

We live day to day, in anticipation of the Apocalypse, in a world with no future.
But there is another way - http://trueroad.ru

thanx for all comments

new video
making in 20 day.

That is insanely cool. Keep it up.

wow :o it looks amazing. Keep your nice work up!!!

Neat!!!

This looks really good!!!
I would like to know what is your plan for the progress of this game

:smiley:
whoa

thanks for all comments

Looks really great.

I think it would look better if the resource collectors entered the building when delivering their items; looks weird atm.

Here is a tip. On my 1gig graphics card I can have ~32 characters on screen (~10 bones and ~1000 verts). If your characters are half that or less (you’ll be surprised what textures can do) you could have small armies. It is good to see blender being used for a strategy game, those take skill to play and create.

Worker = 372 Faces, 337 Verts, 29 Bones
Sheep = 200 Faces, 192 Verts, 10 Bones
Cow = 330 Verts, 344 Faces, 10 Bones

Textures 256x256, Buildings Textures 512x256, other 128x128

50 worker 60fps run, gtx550ti graphic card

Nice work.