Blender Asteroids

Hello, I’m making a BGE version of the classic game “Asteroids”.
Today I’ve more or less have it on a playable stage, so if you want to give it a go, please do so :slight_smile:
It was made on Ubuntu 12.04 on blender 2.63, please let me know if you can run it and if it works as expected. Ho, just a small note, I actually never played the original game :smiley:

Download the runtime here
DOWNLOAD THE .BLEND here

Once I consider it finished I’ll share the .blend file also, now it’s a mess.

This is how points are counted:
Big asteroid - 1 point
Medium asteroid - 2 points
Small asteroid - 5 points
Micro asteroid - 10 Points
UFO - 50 points
There are some collision combos bonus :slight_smile:

add some color

:evilgrin: It has a 2D filter to remove it actually, once completed I’ll try to make it optional.

This is what should happen.

Gameplay looks very responsive and fast, nice effects and sounds. Great game, it looks professional.

:slight_smile: Thanks!

There were reports that the runtime doesn’t run so I’ve added the .Blend, please ignore the mess

blender-asteroids_beta.blend:
https://www.box.com/s/pfo89td6qulglhqo4nx4

Hey, I think is pretty much final guys.
When you can please give it a try and let me know what you think.
The new additions are a “For the Win” gauge :slight_smile: and a proper win mesage to the person that makes it :slight_smile: I can’t even get close.

Blender Asteroids:
https://www.box.com/s/2z90vncmelfrpzbz513c

Runtimes will follow when available, but fell free to make your own.

First try: 1000 (exactly!)
Second try: 2066
Third try: 946

Really cool game, fun to play but a little turung after 3 games (from spamming space!)!
Nice one, is this going in the Finished Games section or bGame? :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed
Your score says everything XD
Let me know places were it can go that I’ll put it there :slight_smile:

Really nice look; very evocative of the original, yet the graphics are subtly updated too.

Thanks!
Yeah! It was my intention to do just that, I wouldn’t have put it better :smiley:

Compared to the FTW meter, I thought I did terrible? Haha, what’s your average score?
Here is the Finished Games Forum
Here is bGame, the website for Blender games.

All right, thanks!
I’ll post to both as soon I get more “bug hunting reports” and runtimes for all the operation systems (hopefully)
My score normally is around the 3000 :slight_smile: the FTW meter is perhaps too much far away one would need close to 9000 to see the “Victory” Screen :stuck_out_tongue: but well it’s the only challenge of the game, so I’ll leave it as it is I guess, perhaps someone will make it someday hehe